All Birds Scotland Complete Guide Scottish Birds
iOS Universal Reference
*** This app describes in detail all the 513 bird species which have been recorded in Scotland, including irregular visitors, with 1,834 premium photographs and more than 892 bird songs. You can map birds with GPS, make your own lists and browse the species in 5 search modes ***
This exceptional app includes all species which have been listed by the British Ornithologists' Union Records Committee (BOURC). It has been developed by passionate field ornithologists and published ecologists.
A simple identification key narrows the species down (e.g. by foot colour, bill shape, length of tail etc.) leading to the bird searched for and a choice of similar species. You can also look for fragments of a species name through a search screen – the search for “finch“, for example, shows all the species which include the word „finch“ in the species’ name.
Despite the abundance of species provided: in order to precisely identify a bird no previous knowledge or ornithological expert skills are required.
Of decisive help here are the qualitatively high-class large-scale images which show all bird species in their natural environment and, amongst others, originate from renowned photographers of the wildlife agency SUNBIRD IMAGES. The pictures have been chosen from thousands in order to allow the most reliable identification of the birds. The choice of photos is essential for identification: Bird pictures which only show the bird from front, which is the case for many of the sloppily developed apps on the market today, are of little use for birders.
This app provides extensive texts and data for each bird species with information to:
Description, ecology, population size, frequency, habitat and much more. In this respect, the texts for this app have especially been written for Scotland. This, amongst others, holds for population size, abundance, breeding status, local distribution (down to subspecies level), status of protection as well as migration.
– includes all 513 species recorded in Scotland (all occuring subspecies mentioned too!)
– irregular visitors are marked in red and can be faded-in or -out
– extensive descriptions to every species with 25 sub-features each!
– 1,834 well selected photographs, all in high quality (1024 x 768 pixels)
– photos to each species, including female as well as summer and winter plumage for nearly every species
– sort and browse species: A-Z, Latin, 18 additional languages, taxonomic
– egg photographs of 73% of all Scottish species
– 892 bird songs and calls of 80% of all UK species
– create sighting lists and sort by place, date, group, and name
– automatically plots all spots on a map of the UK via GPS, which is editable
– make notes for each bird spotted
– easy to use identification key
– search for Latin or common name (or part of name) through search screen
*** A graphically well-designed layout – easy to use with large lettering ***
"All Birds Scotland" is very well suited for keeping personalised watch lists.
Once downloaded no internet connection needed – just download the app and start birding!
Visit our internet support site for more information. Please don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions or suggestions or comments at [email protected]
Completely revised edition!
- New images added
- fixed a bug category "sea ducks" were invisible
- also this app has a compare function now - compare up to 16 birds, songs, maps
- app is now fully converted to SWIFT code (faster and more stable)
- spectrograms now have kHz and time scale
Thanks for your patients for this long awaited update! We would appreciate a good review if you like the app!