All Birds North. South America
iOS Universal Reference
*** This mobile field guide includes all 2,311 bird species found in the Northern part of South America covering the countries Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Suriname, Guyana, French Guiana, Trinidad & Tobago and the Northern parts of Brazil and Peru. Countries can be displayed separately. The content is derived from Bloomsbury's Helm Guide "Birds of Northern South America". Covering 2,311 species with 6,400 superb illustrations and 5,000 songs and calls. All distinct plumages including all variations and subspecies are illustrated. ***
The app is based on the renowned two volume reference work by Robin Restall, Clemencia Rodner, and Miguel Lentino. The creation of apps from the book is a co-production between Bloomsbury Plc and Sunbird Images.
With over half a million downloads and over 100 apps published to date Sunbird Images became the true market leader in mobile field guides in recent years.
SUNBIRD apps have been featured over 300 times by Apple in different countries, and appeared in many magazines, newspapers such as the Times, the Telegraph and described as "incredibly useful" by ITV's Seth Convey and "lovely" by Adam Vaughan of the Guardian.
This app is part of the Sunbird Images GOLD LABEL series. Our GOLD LABEL apps excel through outstandingly complete content covering a vast abundance of species of large transnational regions in full detail. Unmatched and absolutely state-of-the-art!
- Includes all 2,311 bird species of Northern South American ever recorded
- Select species for each country separately
- 6,400 illustrations show all subspecies + geographic, age and sex variants
- Most advanced Compare Mode of any bird app - compare up to 16 species images / songs / maps
- Filter endemic species or vagrants for each country
- 5,000 bird songs and calls
- Sonograms of all songs + details where songs were recorded
- Detailed distribution maps of Northern South America down to subspecies level
- Create sighting lists and sort by place, date, group, and name
- Automatically plots all birds on a map via GPS (editable)
- Make notes for each bird spotted
- A simple id key makes species identification easy
- Sort and display species: A–Z, 6 different languages, taxonomically
Choose between 6 bird name languages:
English, Latin, Spanish, French, Dutch, German
Narrow species down by foot colour, bill shape, tail length etc. leading to the bird searched for plus a choice of similar species. You can also look for fragments of a species name – the search for “finch“ shows all the species which include the word “finch“ in the species’ name.
***A graphically well-designed layout – easy to use with large lettering.***
Once downloaded no internet connection needed – just download the app and start birding! The app will be continuously developed further. All updates are free of charge.
Visit our internet support site for more information www.sunbird.tv. We are happy, if you like our app. Please don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions or suggestions or comments at: [email protected]
Some bird name issues have been resolved, also we have updated the app to the latest iOS version, enjoy!