SignalScope Pro 2020
iOS Universal Productivity
SignalScope Pro 2020 offers a professional tool set to meet your measurement and analysis needs as an engineer, consultant, educator, student, researcher, or savvy hobbyist in areas such as acoustics (sound and vibration), audio, electronics, and electroacoustics.
- Analyze signals coming from the Mac or iOS device’s current audio input device.
- Assign engineering units to your input signals and calibrate external transducers for accurate measurements.
- Assign input channel units and sensitivities for individual USB Audio devices.
- Direct support for Digiducer digital accelerometers and 485B39 USB ICP signal conditioner from The Modal Shop.
- Direct support for miniDSP UMIK-1 measurement microphone and EARS headphone/IEM measurement system.
- Nominal acoustic sensitivities included for iPhone and iPad built-in microphones, voltage sensitivities for headset input (including the Lightning-to-headset adapter included with recent iPhone models)
- Manually switch between available audio input and output sources.
- Load microphone frequency response data (FRD) and apply frequency response correction (FRC) to FFT-based measurements.
- Manually adjust audio sample rates, even up to 192 kHz, depending on input hardware.
- Save acquired measurement data to CSV, tab-delimited ASCII text, or MAT files.
- Save high-resolution analyzer display images to PDF files.
- Retrieve your data files from your device via Files (iCloud Drive), iTunes File Sharing, or through a web browser on another device. Files may also be opened in other compatible apps (e.g. Mail, Notes, Numbers, Dropbox, etc).
- Oscilloscope - Basic oscilloscope and triggering functions.
- FFT Analyzer - Spectrum analyzer with user-settable frequency limits and basic triggering
- 2D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer
- XY Plotter - Create Lissajous curves on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad.
- 3D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer - Stunning live visualization of incoming data
- Octave-band Analyzer - Whole and 1/3-octave RTA
- Level Meter - Overall signal level meter
- Noise Dosimeter
- Data Recorder - Stream up to 8 channels to WAV, AIF, or CAF audio files.
- Stereo Signal Generator
- Dual-channel System Analyzer (Dual FFT analysis with support for Frequency Response Magnitude/Phase, Phase Delay, Group Delay, Coherence, Impulse Response and Cross-Correlation)
- Room Acoustics Analyzer (T20, T30, T60, nonlinearity, EDT, Early Decay Time, Center Time, Clarity, and Definition in various frequency bands, manual or automatic adjustment of Schroeder integration limits)
- MultiTool - Powerful data monitoring and project management (Add up to 2 subtools on iPhone, 6 subtools on Mac or iPad Pro with 10.5-inch or larger display, 4 subtools on other iPad models, and save an arbitrary number of different configurations for easy recall at a later time.)
- Multi-channel Audio File Player - Analyze pre-recorded data.
Additional Pro Features:
- Data logging support in the Level Meter, Octave Analyzer, and Noise Dosimeter
- Percentile exceeded sound levels in the Level Meter and Octave Analyzer
- NC, RNC, and NR references curves, NC, SIL, and NR values in the Octave Analyzer
Learn more about SignalScope Pro 2020 at FaberAcoustical.com.
SignalScope Pro 2020 will receive major upgrades, consistent with those available in the SignalScope X Pro Tool Set subscription, through calendar year 2021, after which it will receive maintenance updates through 2023. It can be used indefinitely thereafter on a compatible version of macOS or iOS.
- This update brings important changes to support impact testing (for modal analysis) in the Dual FFT Analyzer tool.
- The FFT and Dual FFT Analyzer tools now include support for exponential, force, and force exponential windows. Windows may be chosen independently for the X and Y inputs of the Dual FFT Analyzer tool.
- A graph of the data window shape can now be seen in the newly enhanced data window selection menu.
- Exponential window decay and force window length can be adjusted in the data window selection menu.
- The Dual FFT Analyzer tool now supports a pre-trigger delay and manual acceptance or rejection of raw triggered data. Before accepting or rejecting the triggered data, the raw time data for X and Y inputs may be previewed. This is useful to ensure valid measurements when acquiring impulse data for modal analysis, e.g., using an impact hammer and accelerometers to measure the response of a vibrating structure.
- It is now possible to set the maximum display frequency in the FFT and DFFT tool options menu up to 500 kHz.
- Minor bug fixes and cosmetic improvements.