Transporter Journey planner
iOS Universal Navigation
Transporter is a realtime journey planner. This means that routes and stop timetables are kept up to date, according to how well the traffic is on schedule.
Route results continuously adjust departure and arrival times. You see if lines are delayed or ahead of schedule.
Live map shows current vehicle positions for all public transit lines, with smooth animations. Timetables, stops and route information is available for each vehicle.
The map also shows city bike stations around you in Helsinki and Turku, complete with number of available bikes.
Route helper lets you know when things aren't going as planned. Transporter lets you know about big delays with push notifications. A notification alerts you if you cannot make it in time for your next change on your route.
No external analytics libraries have been bundled in the app. You keep your data to yourself.
- Realtime routing and timetable data in Finland from Digitransit.fi API (Helsinki, Waltti cities and smaller towns)
- VR train data in Finland from Digitraffic API
- Timetables are available for nearest lines and stops. You can set favorites for quick access.
- Live Map displays all vehicles, including buses and trains (Helsinki, Joensuu, Jyväskylä, Kuopio, Lappeenranta, Oulu, Tampere and Turku)
- Average delay graphs for lines in HSL area
- City bike stations and number of available bikes on map (Helsinki, Oulu and Turku)
- Intelligent reminders notify you based on actual vehicle position and estimated arrival time
- Route helper notifies you of any delays on your selected route
- Siri Shortcuts support for often used actions.
- Font size selection and dark themes, and a suite of other options to customize the app for your needs
Apple Watch app:
- Finds data for a nearby stop or vehicle using Beacon API in HSL area
- Shows realtime departure times for favorite stops and stations
- Finds next routes to favorite destinations
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- VR train timetables are queried from new Digitraffic GraphQL v2 API.