iOS Universal Music
Velocity Keyboard is a powerful velocity-sensitive MPE compatible MIDI controller.
- unique velocity sensing algorithm that tracks touch force like no other app
- Four interface layouts: Keyboard, String, Scale, and Drum Pad
- runs as an Audio Unit or as a standalone app
- 8 simultaneous sources of MIDI CC parameter control: touch area, touch force (on devices that support 3D Touch), touch Y-coordinate, velocity to CC and up to four MIDI CC control knobs
- smooth MIDI pitch bending between notes in both string and keyboard layouts
- highlight custom scales in any key
- dedicated MIDI modes for maximum flexibility when controlling non-MPE compatible synthesizers
- pitch bend correction algorithm plays more in-tune with more freedom of expression when bending between notes (compared to similar MIDI controller apps)
- can output velocity as a MIDI CC or aftertouch message to better support synths that aren't designed with velocity sensing in mind
What does this app do differently from our iFretless apps?
- It uses much less RAM because it doesn't load any audio samples
- It has MIDI aftertouch controls, so changes in touch pressure and location that occur after after the start of a note can control MIDI CC parameters
- It supports highlighting notes in custom scales
- It has piano keyboard, scale, and drum pad layout options
- It has updated velocity sensing and pitch correction algorithms
- It has better visibility, making it feel more playable on smaller screens, or with a larger number of rows and columns
Fixes top row controls sometime disappear.