Sheet Music Scanner
iOS Universal Music
Scans printed sheet music using the built-in camera and plays it for you.
Ever wondered how that interesting-looking piece of sheet music actually sounds? It's easy with Sheet Music Scanner. Just point your iPhone or iPad at the sheet and let it play the notes for you. You can choose the instrument, pick the speed and enjoy!
2 for 1 universal iOS app: iPhone / iPod touch and iPad - you get Sheet Music Scanner for all your iOS devices for the price of one.
• Scan the whole sheet instantly using your built-in camera
• Scan and playback from any image in your Photo library or from a PDF *
• Playback from anywhere in the song - simply tap the measure, the notes and symbols are highlighted as they're played
• Export as MIDI, MusicXML, audio (M4A / AAC, MP3, WAV), PDF to cloud storage *, directly to other apps or via AirDrop
* Note on Export / Import: All major cloud storages supported: iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, etc. Note that the appropriate cloud storage client app has to be installed for this to work.
• Reads and recognizes the following symbols of musical notation pertaining to melody, harmony, and rhythm: treble, bass, and alto (viola) clefs, notes, duration dots, rests, accidentals, note ties *
• Support for voices played in tandem, e.g. both piano hands at the same time, or all the choir voices
• Support for playing individual staffs separately, e.g. right or left piano hand
• Support for multiple pages
• Accommodates speeds between 50 and 330 beats per minute
* Some limitations apply - please see at the bottom of the page.
• Accordion, Acoustic Bass, Alto Sax, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bass Guitar, Celeste, Cello, Choir, Clarinet, Double Bass, Flute, French Horn, Guitar - Classical, Clean, Distortion, Glockenspiel, Harp, Mandolin, Marimba, Oboe, Organ (Percussive, Pipe, Reed, Rock, Tonewheel), Piano, Recorder, Tenor Sax, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Vibraphone, Viola, Violin, Xylophone
• Supports actual instrument pitch for the transposing instruments
• Supports pitch shift / sound transposition by semitones up to 2 octaves up or down
• Change your pitch standard based on instrument, from standard 440Hz to 380-480 Hz
MINIMUM RECOMMENDED DEVICES
iPhone 6, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2
• Reads printed sheet music, not handwritten or mimicking handwriting, tablatures, etc.
• Reads standard oval note heads only, no special symbols like shape notes.
• The following symbols are not currently supported: repeat signs, codas, triplets/tuplets, percussion notation, dynamics, double sharps, double flats, and grace notes. These are planned to come in the future updates.
• The app currently reads 3 clefs: treble, bass, and alto. Recognition of octave clefs and clef changes in the middle of one staff are on the roadmap.
• Use high-quality printed sheet music and take photos under good enough light, when scanning from your camera, for optimal results. For scanning from a file, the recommended resolution is 300 DPI or 8-12 MPx per page.
• Some older prints and unusual fonts may not be recognizable.
If you experience any problems, please contact support at [email protected]
- Fixed crashing when nothing is recognized or the resolution is too low.
- Fixed a bug in MP3 export with national characters in the file name.