iOS Universal Music
Scales are elementary to all musicianship. They provide flavor and harmonic structure, but are at the same time fairly complex. ScaleMaster is designed to help in several key areas concerning scales. It lists over 200 scale types in all keys and shows them in music notation. There are four different clefs available (treble, bass, alto and tenor).
To help visualization ScaleMaster offers five virtual instruments (banjo, bass, guitar, mandolin and piano). These instruments are fully playable and feature overlays that show scale degree or position of notes in the current scale. All instruments can be shifted into different positions and are a lot of fun just to play around with.
Scales are listed by name in a master list that also contains additional information like rating and type. The notation display is automatically updated with each new selection. Light text coloring as well as the scale type indicator help easily distinguishing between different types.
With ScaleMaster's chord matching feature an extensive list of chords can be matched to appropriate scales. Matches are displayed in the notation view with chord tones highlighted in red. On play the entire scale is played with the chord at the end. Chord matching comes in very handy when trying to determine which scales to use in improvisation and gives a number of alternatives to one's go-to scale choices.
Designed for the beginning musician as well as the professional, ScaleMaster has become a staple app for many musicians and is an excellent tool towards advancement in theory and scales in particular. It makes an easy task of looking up a scale in seconds, getting a taste of its flavor and finding out how to play it.
• intuitive interface
• 211 different scales
• 4 different scale views
• virtual banjo, bass, guitar, mandolin and piano instruments
• alto, bass, tenor and treble clefs
• adjustable positions for all instruments
• adjustable tuning for all string instruments
• fully supports landscape and portrait orientations
• lockable interface
• semitone indicators
• scale rating
• scale type indicator
• support for left-handed players
• chord/scale matching
• displays note names, scale index or degree
• adjustable playback directions
• high quality banjo, bass, guitar, mandolin and piano samples
• support for sound libraries
• global transposition for horn players
• presets for common banjo, bass, guitar, mandolin tunings
• support for 5 and 6 string bass
App Support: We cannot respond to comments and feedback on the App Store. If you face any issues with ScaleMaster, please email them to [email protected] We assure you it will be taken care of immediately.
For news, updates, promos and more, follow us @rogamesw on Twitter.
• This version includes some playback improvements.