WiFi Signal: Status Monitor
Mac OS Utilities
WiFi Signal lets you monitor your Wi-Fi network’s status and signal quality, notifying you about changes in your Wi-Fi connection.
WiFi Signal can also recommend alternative channels for your network, thus avoiding signal overlapping and channel conflicts resulting in connectivity issues and performance degradation.
• Simple, straightforward user interface
• Fully customizable, multi-line status icon display options
• Annotations to quickly identify different access points
• Detachable popover window
• Automatic channel recommendations
• Accurate dBm to percentage (%) conversion
• Real-time graphs for signal strength and noise level, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), transmit rate, or MCS index (if supported)
• Signal quality ratings based on SNR measurements
• Notifications and logging of changes in your Wi-Fi network connection, such as when the computer joins or disconnects from a network, moves to a different access point, or when data rate or channel configuration changes are detected
• Comprehensive app's help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
• Light and dark mode support
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
For a more comprehensive analysis of the Wi-Fi environment, consider WiFi Explorer, also available in the Mac App Store.
• Fixes an issue that would cause the status pattern to display different values than the popover for signal strength and noise.
• Improves device name discovery logic.
• Updates vendors database.
If you find WiFi Signal useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to us!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Signal Support website and send us a message so we can resolve it.