Mac OS Productivity
BusyCal 3 is the most powerful, flexible, reliable calendar app for macOS. It's packed with innovative, time-saving features including customizable views, calendar sets, integrated to dos, travel time, smart filters, natural language input, weather, moons, graphics, tags, do not disturb mode and much more.
BusyCal displays your calendar in Day, Week, Month, Year and List views. What makes BusyCal unique is its ability to customize these views to more precisely meet your needs. You can choose the number of weeks shown per month, or days shown per week, and you can even customize the calendar's appearance by choosing a font face and size, calendar colors, time format and more.
INTEGRATED TO DOS
In BusyCal, To Dos are integrated into your calendar, display on the date or time they are due, and carry forward until completed. You can also display a To Do List in the sidebar. NOTE: Reminders in iOS 13 / macOS 10.15 is not compatible with BusyCal.
BusyCal's info panel enables you to quickly view and edit event details with speed and precision. The info panel can be displayed in the sidebar, as a popup or a floating window. And it's completely customizable, you can choose from a wide range of attributes to display including time zones, tags, maps, private notes, last edit time and more.
NATURAL LANGUAGE INPUT
BusyCal enables you to create events and to dos using natural language. A preview of the event details are displayed while you type as it recognizes titles, dates and times, locations and more. You can even use it to add contacts or attendees to an event, set alarms, add URLs, and to indicate the calendar to create the event on.
BusyCal allows you to block out time for walking, driving or taking mass transit to an event or location. You can set a fixed amount of travel time or determine it automatically using the integrated support for Location Services and Apple Maps. You can even receive alerts when it's time to leave as traffic conditions change.
MENU BAR APP
The BusyCal menu bar app is always running, even when the main BusyCal app is not running, so you always have access to your schedule.
BusyCal's Smart Filters are a powerful tool for managing your calendar. Smart Filters can be accessed with a keyboard shortcut or a button on the toolbar to display calendar sets (showing/hiding multiple calendars), perform saved searches (events that contain 'Joe'), apply view settings (an 8-week month view) and much more.
BusyCal displays alarms in a movable, resizable floating window that offers the ability to snooze an alarm for any number of minutes from now or before the start of an event, or snooze multiple alarms at once. And BusyCal Alarms trigger even when the main BusyCal app isn't running, so you'll never miss an important appointment.
WEATHER & MOONS
BusyCal displays a live 10-day weather forecast, phases of the moon, and sunrise and sunset times.
BusyCal lets you add graphics to your calendar to highlight holidays and special events. You can choose from the built-in Emoji and IconFinder images, or drag images from your desktop or web.
BusyCal integrates with its sister app, BusyContacts, forming a flexible easy-to-use CRM solution. By adding contacts to events in BusyCal, you have instant access to a contact's email address and phone number, as well as a record in BusyContacts of your interactions with them.
SYNC AND SHARE CALENDARS
BusyCal supports iCloud, Reminders, Google, Exchange, Office 365, CalDAV, LAN sharing as well as WebDAV subscriptions, enabling you to sync calendars with other Macs and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app. This includes the ability to share calendars, schedule meetings, and view the availability of others.
* NEW: New option in Preferences > To Do to change the default regeneration behavior of recurring To Dos
* NEW: You can now select your preferred email alias when sending meeting invites from Preferences > Accounts. This only works for CalDAV servers that support multiple aliases / email accounts, such as iCloud or Fastmail.
* Performance tuning for improved scrolling in day / week / month views
* Improved recovery from network failures for Exchange accounts
* Clickable and selectable links / urls in events displayed in the Menu app
* Meeting lookups from BusyContacts now include events that match against the organizer
* Fixed the appearance of black colored Tags in dark mode
* When emailing attendees of a meeting, the organizer's email address is also included if you're not the organizer
* Fixed case sensitivity of emails when performing calendar event lookups from BusyContacts
* Fixed a bug with regenerate to-dos for +12GMT (New Zealand)
* Ongoing stability improvements