Mac OS Productivity
Alfred is a keyboard-driven productivity application, helping you launch apps and search your local computer as well as the web with great speed.
* Winner of Macworld's 2012 Editor's Choice Awards
* TUAW's Best Mac Utility of 2011
* Mac AppStorm's Top Mac Apps 2011
* Leo Laporte's MacBreak Weekly Pick of the Week April 2011 & more!
* Application launcher: Launch any application with a quick shortcut. Alfred will learn which apps you use often and prioritise them when you search
* Search your Mac: Quickly find and open files, bookmarks, contacts, music and more. You will never again have to wonder just where you saved that important document.
* Search the web: Search or launch your favourite websites: Maps, Amazon, eBay, Wikipedia and many more.
* Calculate and Spell: Just start typing to do a quick calculation or look up spellings, definitions or synonyms and antonyms.
* System Commands: Control your Mac with speed and efficiency. Empty trash, start the Screen Saver, restart, shut down, eject a drive and more.
* Custom Searches: Create your own web searches for frequently used websites and wikis.
Ward off RSI - skip using the mouse with this fast and beautiful app.
This is a huge release with 2 new colour themes, Large type support and much more! See alfredapp.com for more details.
* 2 new themes from user theme competition - Dark and Smooth & Pistachio
* Large type support, use ⌘L to show the currently typed text or calculation in large type
* Drag results (files / images etc) out of Alfred into emails, graphics apps, Finder
* New 'Advanced' option for Default Result types, add any file type you like to the default results (still recommend open/find/[spacebar]prefix for file search)
* Overhaul to file searching algorithm allowing, now non-continuous word based matching
* Improvements to the 'in' keyword allowing for disjoint keyword matching
* More exact matching for 'text files' in the default results, no longer matches .ics files
* Improved decimal point configuration in the Calculator, now allowing forced decimal separator output for comma based locales
* Alfred.app no longer shows in results and typing 'alfred' now opens the preferences
* Add Xcode's new Applications location to the default search scope
* More flexibility on the Spell/Define keywords, allow matching on items not in the dictionary
* Less aggressive scientific notation rounding for the calculator for better 0 approximation errors
* More intelligent 'eject' keyword to prevent false errors when a drive is successfully ejected
* Code and performance improvements
* Fixed / improved text and help throughout the preferences
* Make MAS version startup / welcome sheet non resizable and close using Esc key
* Allow ⌘^Q and ⌘^W as hotkeys, previously blocked by over-protective code
* Update the core window renderer to fix a quirk behind the preference cog with transparent themes
* Remove deprecated code and make Alfred more future proofed for OS X