Songwriters and Musicians Toolbox
Mac OS Music
As an artist and a songwriter, you want to create music using a vehicle that can move your ideas forward, as smoothly as possible. Say hello to Studio One, a DAW that's a perfect fit for your creativity...
It's obvious from the moment you open the program that PreSonus' Studio One is all about writing songs! That's what you're here for, right? Gary Hiebner is your guide in this in-depth exploration of an original DAW that has the artist (you!) in mind from the get-go.
This 22-tutorial course gives you a complete tour of Studio One and its great set of features. You learn how to set up your first song and configure the tracks to suit your writing style. Drag and drop is a big part of Studio One and you see you how seamless it is when adding virtual instruments to a track, for example. Then it's time to dive deep into MIDI and audio editing, where you discover how to create comps, add effects and automate your tracks on your way to getting that perfect mix. You also get a tutorial on Melodyne, a great tool to edit your vocals, which is included with Studio One.
While you're here, make sure and check out all the other courses on Studio One, and learn what this unique DAW has to offer to spice up your songwriting!
Table of contents:
1. Studio One as a Songwriting Tool - Introduction
2. Different Versions
3. Get Going - Setting Up Your Audio Device
4. Start a New Song
5. Get Familiar with the Interface
6. Setting Up Your Tempo
7. Adding Audio Tracks
8. Building Up a Backing Loop for Inspiration
9. Recording Audio
10. Punch In Recording
11. Using Audio Comps
12. Adding Effects to Your Tracks
13. Getting Into MIDI
14. Using Studio One’s Virtual Instruments
15. Using the MIDI Editor
16. Saving Instrument Presets
17. Use Audio Bend to Correct Audio Timing
18. Using Melodyne
19. Getting Into Grooves
20. How to Use Automation in Your Songs
21. Exporting Your Song
• Improved User Interface and Experience.
• Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
• View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing video or from the Home screen.
• Mark your favourite tutorials.
• Take your learning experience full screen.
• Hide or show the tutorial outline whenever you want.
• Compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), and newer.