AV for Reaper 101 - Introduction to Reaper
Mac OS Music
Move over big name DAWs because Reaper is here! Reaper is a fully realized, affordable DAW that is competing with the big boys! Download a free version of Reaper and dig into this intro course to see what the excitement is all about...
The world of DAWs is changing right before our ears and Reaper represents the leading edge of the future in music production. In this 26-tutorial introduction by MPV Hub author Gary Hiebner, you will see how Reaper has crashed the crowded DAW party and raised some audio eyebrows with its advanced features, user flexibility and unbeatable price!
Gary starts off this series with a step by step explanation of the installation process. From there you'll learn all about audio: recording tracks, editing waveforms, mixing, and effects. Next up is MIDI. Here you'll see Reaper's MIDI capabilities and how to create tracks for all your virtual instruments. The next section of this course is dedicated to customization—and this is where Reaper really shines. Gary shows you the many ways you can make Reaper work for you by creating personalized themes and layouts. This intro course concludes with a look at Reaper's automation, ReWire capability and exporting options.
Table of contents:
2. Download and Installation
3. Setting Up Your Audio
4. The Arrange Window
5. Adding Audio Tracks
6. Recording Audio
7. Audio Editing Tools
8. The Mix Window
9. Adding Effects
10. Reaper's Media Bay
11. Creating Fades
12. Track and Item Grouping
13. Managing Takes
14. Setting Up MIDI
15. Setting Up a Virtual Instrument
16. The MIDI Keyboard in Reaper
17. Using the Toolbar
18. Themes & Layouts
19. The Routing Matrix
20. Transport Bar
21. A Look at Reaper's Envelopes
22. ReWire in Reaper
23. Setting Up a Template
24. Export Options
• Improved User Interface and Experience.
• Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
• View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing video or from the Home screen.
• Mark your favourite tutorials.
• Take your learning experience full screen.
• Hide or show the tutorial outline whenever you want.
• Compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), and newer.