AV for Excel 101 - Introducing Excel
Mac OS Education
Join the excel-lent Gary Grudzinskas in this introductory course to learn how to create your first ever .xls spreadsheet!
Microsoft's Excel 2013 for Windows is one of the most ubiquitous and useful pieces of software ever! From creating simple budgets and lists to extremely complex interactive data worksheets, Microsoft Excel 2013 for Windows does it all. However, before you can master this powerful software you've got to get the basics! That's exactly what this course is designed to do!
First, you learn the Excel interface and the basics of how to navigate around a spreadsheet. Here is where trainer Gary G. explains the concepts of columns, rows and cells.
Next up is an exploration of worksheets and the ribbon. Here you look at Excel's commands and how to configure your document to meet the needs of your first project. This is followed by a section on formatting and a brief introduction to formulas and outputting.
By the end of this introductory course, Gary gets you feeling confident about creating your first basic Excel spreadsheet.
Table of contents:
1. Welcome to Excel 2013
2. Opening & Saving
3. Rows, Cells and Columns
4. Entering Data
5. The Autofill Feature
6. Getting Around a Worksheet
7. Cell Size
8. Copy and Move
9. Freeze and Split Frames
11. Backstage Pass
12. The Ribbon
13. Excel Views
14. Cell Number Formats
15. Validating Your Data
16. Cell Borders and Colors
18. Themes and Styles
19. Get Help
21. A Quick Look at Formulas
• Improved User Interface and Experience.
• Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
• View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing video or from the Home screen.
• Mark your favourite tutorials.
• Take your learning experience full screen.
• Hide or show the tutorial outline whenever you want.
• Compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), and newer.