Microsoft Remote Desktop 10
Mac OS Business
Use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. With Microsoft Remote Desktop, you can be productive no matter where you are.
Configure your PC for remote access using the information at https://aka.ms/rdsetup.
Learn about our other Remote Desktop clients at https://aka.ms/rdclients.
•Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server.
•Access managed resources published by your admin.
•Connect through a Remote Desktop Gateway.
•Secure connection to your data and applications.
•Simple management of your connections and user account from the Connection Center.
•Audio and video streaming.
•Redirect folders, your clipboard, and local devices such as microphones and cameras.
Submit feedback at https://aka.ms/rdmacfbk.
It's 2020 and time for our first release of the year.
The key change in this update is the ability to switch between Scancode (CTRL+COMMAND+K) and Unicode (CTRL+COMMAND+U) modes when entering keyboard input. Unicode mode allows extended characters to be typed using the OPTION key on a Mac keyboard. For example, on a US Mac keyboard, OPTION+2 will enter the trademark (™) symbol. You can also enter accented characters in Unicode mode. For example, on a US Mac keyboard, OPTION+E followed by the "A" key will result in "á" being sent to the remote session.
Other updates in this release include:
• Cleaned up the workspace refresh experience and UI.
• Addressed a smart card redirection issue that caused the remote session to hang at the Winlogon screen with the "Checking Status" message.
• Reduced the time taken to create temporary files used for clipboard-based file copy and paste.
• Temporary files used for clipboard file copy and paste are now deleted on app exit (instead of relying on macOS to clean them up).
• PC bookmark actions are now rendered at the top right corner of thumbnails.
• Made fixes to address issues reported through crash telemetry.
Thanks for all the feedback. If you encounter any errors, you can always contact us via Help > Report an Issue.