AT&T Secure Family™
iOS iPhone Lifestyle
Peace of Mind Just Got A Lot Easier
As seen on Good Morning America, AT&T Secure Family™ puts parents in control of their children’s phone use. Find your family, control your child’s screen time and manage their phone use.
* Locate Family – Track your child on demand or on a regular schedule, for example every day after school
* Location Alerts - Receive alerts when your child enters or leaves a location, like school or practice.
* Location History - Review where your child has been over the previous seven days.
* Limit Screen Time – Block your child’s mobile data and Wi-Fi, on demand or on a schedule you choose.
* Content Filters – Block inappropriate Apps and websites by age or customize your own settings.
* Web and App Activity (NEW) – Timestamp history of child’s App usage and Websites visited.
AT&T Secure Family is free for the first 30 days. After the first 30 days, you will be billed $7.99 each month (includes support for up to 10 lines). Service auto renews every 30 days unless cancelled.
AT&T Secure Family Companion App
AT&T Secure Family is designed to work with the AT&T Secure Family Companion, a free app in the App Store. Pair your kid’s phone with your phone to get better location accuracy and all the features.
AT&T Wireless customers – pairing with AT&T Secure Family Companion is recommended to get all the features of Secure Family. If you do not pair a device, features are limited to AT&T network-based location, scheduled location alerts and location history.
AT&T PREPAID wireless customers and customers of other wireless carriers – pairing with AT&T Secure Family Companion on the child device is required to use any of the Secure Family features
Other important information about AT&T Secure Family:
AT&T Postpaid Wireless customers billed by AT&T when purchased through myAT&T or billed to your iTunes account when purchased through the App Store:
- Secure Family and Companion app users must be on the same account. Only authorized app users have permission to locate a family member.
- There is a compatibility conflict that can prevent the addition of AT&T Secure Family Companion to your companion device if you have AT&T Mobile Security Plus running on the same companion device. If you wish to continue with the purchase, you must either remove AT&T Mobile Security Plus from your account or downgrade to AT&T Mobile Security Basic on the companion device before adding AT&T Secure Family Companion.
AT&T PREPAID wireless customers, and customers of other US Wireless carriers billed by the App Store/iTunes:
- After first 30 days, $7.99/mo. will be charged to your iTunes account. Subscription will automatically renew each month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current month’s billing period.
- To view, modify or cancel your subscription, go to account settings in iTunes. No cancellation of the current month’s subscription is allowed. No refunds or credits for partial subscription terms.
- Devices running the Secure Family App or Secure Family Companion App require iOS v.10 or higher.
- Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
Latest update provides improved pairing prompts to guide the customer through the Secure Family Companion installation on the child’s phone and pairing with the parent’s Secure Family App. Additional updates include a tamper checklist to help identify disablement of the Secure Family Companion App on the child’s phone and steps to correct the disablement. Also includes a new warning notification when two geofences (places) are saved close to each other and may overlap to prevent potential erroneous arrival/departure alerts. We continue to enhance the app with performance improvements and bug fixes.