Yōdanji: The Roguelike
iOS Universal Games
Coffee-break rogue-like themed after Japanese folklore tales.
Your phone gets the ability to summon and trap yōkai - numerous spirits that have been living hidden among us (until now). Admire them and give them witty nicknames and then put them in the brutal ever-changing dungeon to try and summon even more yōkai! Spooky cute graphics and powders made from various body parts included.
- Traditional roguelike with touch controls in mind
- Spooky cute pixel-art graphics
- Huge variety of playable characters
- Fancy "ō" letter that destroys our SEO (Yodanji and yokai, anyone?)
* Comparing with other KEMCO RPGs, Yōdanji has a much steeper learning curve and is more difficult in general. Don't be deterred, though! "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it", or so they say. And if you are unfamiliar with roguelikes, getting good in Yōdanji can open up a whole new world of games!
* Japanese text updates
* Hotfixes for issues caused by the previous update
* Controller and keyboard support (first pass)
* Updated dpad graphics
* Gentle Grass and Spiky Shrubs grow and wither in accordance with Game Of Life rules, except the ones that are adjacent to or directly under Kodama - those always live
* New rooms
* Bug fixes
TouchArcade —'Yodanji: The Roguelike' Review - Legends of Yo