Deathbat - GameClub
iOS Universal Games
From the minds of Avenged Sevenfold comes Hail to the King: Deathbat, a 3rd person, overhead dungeon crawler action RPG in the vein of The Legend of Zelda, Gauntlet Legends, and Diablo.
The game’s story is based on the mythical origin of the Deathbat, Avenged Sevenfold’s logo and mascot. The game’s design is not for the faint of heart as players will need to traverse massive levels, combat skillful undead, and best unforgiving bosses. The epic story follows Andronikos, the resurrected King of the Underworld and the embodiment of the Deathbat, who is tasked with reclaiming the lands of Haides from the despotic Dark Andronikos. Along the way you’ll mix and match brutal melee combat with projectile magic attacks battling through beautifully designed and hellish landscapes inspired by the band’s iconic discography and artwork. Interact with characters along the way to solve puzzles and unlock the mysteries of Moros Island.
Hail to the King: Deathbat features classic Avenged Sevenfold tracks along with a new and original score, composed by the band in the immortal tradition of 8-bit masterpieces like Castlevania.
- "This will be a game I keep on my device for a long time to come, and will play and replay many times over just for the sheer fun of it all.” - TouchArcade, Game of the Week Award
- "Hail to the King: Deathbat, a game that pushes the limits of mobile gaming and feels almost like a console game." - Kotaku Review
- "Provides an unrivaled experience on the iOS format... 8.5/10" - Arcade Sushi Review
- "One of the things I look at closely in any game, is the amount of visual variety it has to offer. Hail to the King: Deathbat, delivers on this accord, quite well... really one of the more intriguing visual experiences I’ve had with a mobile game in quite some time. The soundtrack is absolutely phenomenal in this game. 4.4/5" - PocketMeta Review
- Play through levels inspired by Avenged Sevenfold’s catalog
- Features an original score, written by Avenged Sevenfold for the game
- 7 new paintings by artist Cam Rackam
- 14 pieces of never-before seen artwork intended for use in earlier albums
- Jimmy ”The Rev” Sullivan plays an integral part in the storyline
- Rich, immersive storyline that will appeal to gamers and fans of the band alike
- Interact with non-playable characters to learn about and solve the mysteries of the island
- Unlock new weapons and magical abilities
Deathbat - GameClub is playable for free, with some sections and features available only to subscribers of GameClub Pro, an optional auto-renewing monthly subscription which also removes ads. Besides the GameClub Pro subscription, there are no other in-app purchases in this game.
If you choose to purchase the optional subscription:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Thanks for playing this GameClub game! GameClub offers a curated catalog of iconic games, with new titles released every week. Subscribers get access to unlimited gameplay, no ads, and no additional purchases — just pure fun.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!
PocketGamer —Hail to the King: Deathbat
148Apps —Hail to the King: Deathbat Review
TouchArcade —'Hail to the King: Deathbat' Review - Bringing Daylight to the Night