Don't Starve: Pocket Edition
iOS Universal Games
***NOTE: Don't Starve requires iOS 8 and at least an iPhone 5, iPad 3, or iPad mini 2. Due to memory constraints, it will not run on older devices.***
Don’t Starve: Pocket Edition, brings the hit PC game enjoyed by over 4 million players to the iPhone and iPad. Now you can experience the uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic on the go!
Play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.
Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land.
- Independent Games Festival: Grand Prize Nominee
- Independent Games Festival: Excellence in Design Nominee
- Independent Games Festival: Audience Award Nominee
- Capsule Computers: Editor’s Choice
- Indie Game Reviewer: Game of the Year
Optimized for Touch: New intuitive touch interface lets you explore, fight, craft and manage inventory with ease.
Uncompromising Survival & World Exploration: No instructions. No help. No hand holding. Start with nothing and craft, hunt, research, farm and fight to survive.
Dark and Whimsical Visuals: 2D characters and odd creatures inhabiting a unique 3D world.
Randomly Generated New Worlds: Want a new map? No problem! At any time you can generate a new living and breathing world that hates you and wants you to die.
- The lateral black bars in certain devices were removed.
- The position of the HUD elements that could be covered by the notch or the Home slider has been updated. Now the elements adapt their positions dynamically.
- The resolution has been improved in some devices and now adapts better to the screen.
- Fixed some controller issues where the input didn't swap correctly.
- The hover menu was relocated to avoid being cut off by the screen.
- The chest layout has been relocated. Previously the layout was partially cut off by the screen in some devices.
TouchArcade —'Don't Starve' Review - A Masterpiece of Horror, Humor, and Hunger
148Apps —Don’t Starve: Pocket Edition Review
PocketGamer —Don't Starve