Old Time Dragnet Show
iOS Universal Entertainment
“The Story You’re About to Hear is True.”
These words were first uttered on June 3, 1949 when Dragnet came to the air as an Old Time Radio drama starring Jack Webb, who to that point had been known for playing cop-baiting hard boiled radio private detectives.
Dragnet treated the police with respect and added an element of realism that has shaped every crime drama since.
* PDF Handbooks for the show
* Downloadble Wallpaper
* Access to exclusive bonus content
* Call the Show from your iPhone
* Email the show your questions and comments
* Follow the show on Twitter
Adam Graham began The Old Dragnet Show began in March 2007 with the goal of posting every Old Time Radio episode of Dragnet from the first episode in existence from June 1949 to the final show in September 1955. Adam adds one new Dragnet episode a week to recreate the anticipation of a brand new episode every week. Occasionally, another Webb Old Time Radio production will be thrown in as a bonus to listeners.
Adam is your guide on each show, providing his idiosyncratic everyman commentary, sharing listener feedback and answering questions as he goes. The shows do feature original public service announcements, but most of the original cigarette ads have been removed.
(Please note, not all features are available for all episodes. Call-in feature is only available on iPhone but not the iPad or iPod Touch)
The App has been re-designed from the ground up and it's OH SOOOO much better looking with much easier functionality and accessibility!
Here are some of the super star updates!
- Car mode! Rotate your phone to display larger playback controls.
- The main menu and playback settings are now accessible via a slide out from the upper left corner button.
- Improved access to episode sorting features and the episode Star and Download options.
- Improved display of episodes, artwork, and post file type.
- Show contact features can now be accessed via the main menu or the upper right corner while viewing an episode.
- Its just prettier… who doesn't want pretty?
Please provide any bug reports via the troubleshooting button found under contact via the main menu.
We hope you love the spiffy new look and features!