Didgeridoo! Australia's Virtual Musical Instrument
iOS iPhone Entertainment
Blow into your iPhone and turn it into a Didgeridoo, the traditional musical instrument used by the Aboriginal people of Australia!
Playing the Virtual Didgeridoo is EASY:
- Blow into the microphone end of your iPhone.
- While blowing, twist your iPhone side to side to change the pitch of the sound.
- Twist further to change the rhythm of the breath. There are 20 different rhythms included in the app!
- Tap the screen to play the sticks.
- The clock on screen shows just how long you've been able to play for. See how long you can blow, but remember to take a breath every now and then!
Playing the real didgeridoo is much more difficult and requires circular breathing and years of practice! But if you're interested in learning, go out and try it! It's an amazing instrument!
The didgeridoo is a traditional musical instrument used by the Aboriginal peoples of Australia for thousands of years. This virtual didgeridoo does not do justice to the history of these people and their musical talents. Ask your teacher, or do a web search for more information on the rich history of this amazing culture. Or even better, come visit Australia!
Keep blowing, Australia!