iOS Universal Education
Proloquo4Text™ is a text to speech app for those who cannot rely on their voice to speak. The app is laid out on a single screen to reduce the effort of typing. The layout enables easy, daily conversation and quick access to your most common phrases. Personalize it to your needs and preferences, whether that’s through choosing from the many voices available, or through customizing your screen layout.
Proloquo4Text is the leading AAC solution for literate adults, teens and children. It is used by people with a wide range of diagnoses, including developmental disabilities (like autism, apraxia, and cerebral palsy) and acquired disorders (like laryngectomy, ALS, stroke, or traumatic brain injury). Proloquo4Text can be used to produce speech by anyone who can type and spell.
Communicate with ease
• Use the single screen for easy access to words, phrases and keyboard
• Switch easily between conversations, making it easy to answer a question in another conversation, without disrupting what you typed in the first conversation.
• Decide when you speak with play, pause and speak-as-you-type
• Adjust appearance (font, color, text size) to your preference and needs
Reduce typing effort
• Create, save and organize commonly used phrases
• Make typing quicker with advanced, self-learning PolyPredix™ word prediction
• Show what you typed with the fullscreen view and flip text features
• Type once, then say it again with history and sentence prediction
• Use keyboard shortcuts for quick access when using an external keyboard
Choose your voice
• Download, natural-sounding voices within Proloquo4Text. All premium Acapela voices are included in Proloquo4Text with no in-app purchase.
• Add personality and humor to your conversations with free specialty voices
• Choose from over 100 voices in 18 languages, so you can find the one that sounds most like you. Switch easily between languages.
• Use my-own-voice, a voice-banking technology, to preserve and capture the essence of your own voice in synthetic speech.
Share your world
• Send email, messages, and tweets from Proloquo4Text
• Write in Proloquo4Text and copy your text into another app
• Listen to text by pasting into Proloquo4Text
• Make phone and FaceTime video calls with Proloquo4Text.
Take your voice anywhere
• Proloquo4Text is available on both iOS and macOS. With iOS, you can use the app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch. The Mac version is a separate purchase on the Mac App Store.
• Smoothly transition between devices, thanks to Proloquo4Text’s consistent navigation on iPhone and iPad
• Easily access your commonly used phrases on Apple Watch, and just tap to show or speak them. You can customize the contents shown on the Watch from your iPhone.
• Follow words as they are spoken with optional sentence or word highlighting
• Optimized for Switch Control and VoiceOver
•Communicate without an internet connection
• Use multitasking functionality to run another app side-by-side on supported devices
• Keep your devices in sync by easily backing up and restoring your customizations and stored phrases.
AssistiveWare® is the developer of Proloquo2Go®, an award-winning symbol-based communication app that provides a voice to over 200,000 individuals around the world.
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program for Education.
Drum roll, please! We are happy to introduce Proloquo4Text version 4, which allows you to do more than ever before!
Phone call support
Want to make a private phone call for a doctor’s appointment or read a bed-time story to your nephew through Facetime? Now you can. Proloquo4Text lets you make and receive cellphone and Facetime calls on your iPhone or iPad (for FaceTime) running iOS 13 while using the app.
iOS 13 & Dark Mode
Proloquo4Text now offers full iOS 13 and iPadOS compatibility, including support for Dark Mode. AAC has never been so easy on the eyes.
We’ve got your back
Added support for Google Drive and AirDrop to expanded possibilities for backing up and restoring your customizations and stored phrases to keep your devices well in sync.
Bugs seriously creep us out. That is why we addressed several user reported bugs in this update.