Baron Ferdinand's Challenge
iOS Universal Education
Do you have what it takes to become a famous collector? Baron Ferdinand Rothschild is looking for someone to help in his collecting. To put you to the test he has come up with 5 tricky challenges to try out your skills.
Join Baron Ferdinand on a fun, free family adventure. Solve the Baron’s puzzles and collect the treasures of the British Museum. Along the way discover holy relics, mythical beasts, golden treasures, mechanical wonders and one very helpful poodle.
– Discover the strange and beautiful items from the Waddesdon Bequest.
– See exhibits come to life in gorgeous colourful animations.
– Explore the illustrated interiors of the Waddesdon Manor and The British Museum.
– Learn how objects were made and why they are so valuable.
– Explore the gallery, collecting items and placing them in Waddesdon Manor.
– Build your own collection to share with friends and family.
– Explore your way: complete the challenges in the British Museum or at home.
About the Waddesdon Bequest:
For over 100 years the British Museum has been home to the Waddesdon Bequest, an incredible collection of curiosities and objet d’art gifted to the museum by Baron Ferdinand Rothschild. The Bequest is an excellent example of the craze on Renaissance collecting that gripped the wealthy families of Europe, none more so than the Rothschilds, Europe's greatest family of collectors. Now the Rothschild Foundation, The British Museum and Touchpress are delighted to bring you Baron Ferdinand’s Challenge so that young and old can discover this unique collection.
Download on iPhone or iPad before your visit to the museum or make use of British Museum’s free wifi service to download the app.
Find out more about the app at baronferdinandschallenge.com
Minor bug fixes and improvements