Hundred Board -Montessori Math
iOS Universal Education
Ages 3-6. This is our most popular app of all time, used by school systems in the United States, Australia, Germany, and others. It is the highest quality app in the store that you'll find to teach and practice the concept of numbers from 1 to 100. We first developed it in 2009 and continue to update it with new features. Thanks for your support of our famous, Hundred Board!
The Hundred Board is a fun and educational exercise found in the Montessori classroom to help children with their counting from 1 to 100. The board and number tiles in the app are exact replicas of the classic classroom materials.
The basic task is to transfer the scrambled number tiles on the right hand side to the board in the correct order.
- Assemble the Hundred Board in sequence using either a touch only method where the number tile moves to the board automatically, or drag and place the tiles to the board for them to snap into position.
- Show the control numbers on the board to simplify the task.
- Simplify the task even further with an activity that shows a reduced number of scrambled tiles to search through.
- Assemble the Hundred Board in a random fashion.
- Assemble the Hundred Board in sequence by Evens or Odds.
- Every number can be heard aloud when it is placed into position, reinforcing the name of each number for the child.
- At the bottom of the screen there is either a score or a timer for parents and teachers to evaluate a child's progress.
Schools worldwide have incorporated our apps into their classrooms. See it used in a Montessori school in Germany here: http://youtu.be/U7GWhcEblbI
The Hundred Board is now promoted by the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership as an effective app for learning number sequencing techniques.
"This looks very simple, but, you'd be surprised how engrossing the children find this lesson to be. I've watched our five year old daughter spend over an hour working with it, trying to get to a hundred!"
"Our son (6) started first grade and is ecstatic to be the only kid to write all the numbers from 1-100! Your app is fun to him!"
This activity is a time-tested, teaching tool used in the Montessori classroom that children enjoy doing. The app was co-developed and approved by an AMI certified Montessori teacher with over forty years experience. Use this app as a complement to your child's classroom education and as a follow-up to the other Montessori applications in the app store teaching introductory counting. Your child will enjoy this challenging and fun activity!
Visit our website: http://www.mobilemontessori.org
App page: http://www.mobilemontessori.org/hundredboard
Updated for the latest iOS 13 release! Thanks for your support!