This app was removed from the App Store.
WSOC-TV Channel 9 Weather App
iOS Universal Weather
Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson and WSOC-TV Channel 9’s team of certified meteorologists in Severe Weather Center 9 have produced the most accurate local weather technology available, “The WSOC-TV Weather App.”
The 24/7 app is constantly updated with the latest Charlotte area storm and forecast information. The free service even includes live coverage of WSOC-TV Eyewitness News and the Channel 9 meteorologists in Severe Weather Center 9.
By using the app’s built-in interactive radar, you can zoom down to your neighborhood or zoom out to check radar anywhere in the country.
Location based Storm Alerts will signal three tones to direct you to the latest severe weather warnings, and you can watch WSOC-TV Eyewitness News Live on the App.
WSOC-TV’s Weather app also keeps you in touch by using social media, including Facebook, Twitter and interactive uploads of your photos and videos directly from your mobile device.
This Weather app focuses on complete Carolina Weather Coverage.
**** SUMMARY of iPad Features ****
• One of a kind swipe carousel navigation
• Accurate weather tools that display hourly, five day forecast
• Storm alerts: audible tones warning you of pending danger
• Up- to-date video forecasts from Severe Weather Center 9
• Interactive social technology that keeps you in touch with the WSOC-TV weather team
• Channel 9 Eyewitness News broadcasts streamed live every day.
• Live streaming Early Warning Doppler 9 Radar
• Multi-City forecasting keeps you alerted to Severe Weather in loved ones locations.
**** SUMMARY of iPhone FEATURES ****
• Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you enter
• Audio forecasts for any location you enter
• Background tracking for current location updates
• Alert badges for more than 110+ alert types
• Push notifications for 6 of the 110+ alert types including tornadoes
• Level 3 interactive radar, animation/loops and visible satellite map
• One, two, and three-day outlooks from NOAA's Storm Prediction Center
• Twitter & Facebook feeds
• Additional items added seasonally
**** IN-APP PURCHASES ****
You can turn your app into a NOAA Weather Radio safety and security app for $4.99. You will get voice enabled push alerts for all remaining alert types (more than 110+) powered by a highly scalable, fully redundant, alerting and messaging engine. The premium features include push notifications for more than 110 National Weather Service alert types, voice announcements of alerts, and more.
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life