Storm Track 8 Weather
The Storm Track 8 Weather app is a newly updated, full-featured weather app for the Quad Cities area with the tools to keep you informed of weather news, current conditions and forecasts – all from the WQAD Weather Team. View the interactive radar and stay alerted to any watches or warnings in the area – right on your phone.
Get all of the same FREE features as before, plus new free features, plus premium upgrades. Just like before, this new version of the application includes the ability to add five locations for tracking hourly (tap on a day), daily & extended weather information, forecasts, and watches and warnings all FREE. Get detailed current conditions by tapping the current temp. Users now get a 6th "current" location that updates whenever the app is opened and severe weather outlooks. Alerts are still shown in the app in the form of badge icons next to each location for free.
Now as a premium upgrade, you can turn your app into a NOAA Weather Radio safety and security app, powered by the award winning iMap Weather Radio. You will get voice enabled push alerts powered by a highly scalable, fully redundant, alerting and messaging engine. The premium features include push notifications for more than 100 National Weather Service alert types, voice announcements of alerts, spoken alert details, spoken forecasts, alerts based on your current location tracked in the background. Through a 7-day free trial users may experience all the premium features offered.
**** FREE FEATURES ****
• Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts, and severe weather alert badges and text for your current location
• Level 3 interactive radar, animation/loops and visible satellite map
• One, two, and three-day outlooks from NOAA's Storm Prediction Center
• Twitter & Facebook feeds, and forecast, winter and news feeds from FOX 2 Weather
• Free 7-day trial for the full alert package
**** IN-APP PURCHASES ****
• Turn your app into a NOAA Weather Radio for a single one-time-only purchase of $9.99. That package includes:
• Five static locations, plus the current location (6 total)
• Push Notifications – Receive push notifications for severe weather warning, watches, and advisories issues by the National Weather Service for more than 100 alert types
• Map Overlays – Enable additional display layers on the map, including warnings, watches, hurricane tracks, and more
• Voice Audio – Spoken alerts, alert details and forecasts
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
-We listened to your feedback and we have brought back the forecast text along with the graphical forecast.
-The hourly forecast now displays wind direction and speed.
-You can now hear a test alert from the "Learn More about Weather Radio" or "Upgrade to Weather Radio" section by tapping on the Push Notifications section.
-Fixed Twitter display issue.
-Performance Enhancements and bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 18, 2013
- Weather Decision Technologies, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (51)
- 32.7 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 13Now Severe Weather
• 5NEWS Weather
• Alert Works
• FOX 13 Weather
• FOX 2 Weather St. Louis - KTVI
• FOX 25 Weather
• FOX 4 Weather
• FOX6 Storm Center
• FOX8 Cleveland Weather
• FOX8 Weather Center - FOX 8 News
• Fox59 Weather Authority
• KTEN Sky Alert
• News 9 Weather
• News on 6 Weather
• NewsChannel 3 Live VIPIR Radar
• NewsOK weatherwatch
• Pinpoint Weather Colorado
• Q13FOX Sun Tracker
• Realtree's Weather Base Station
• St. Louis Weather - KPLR
• Touchstone Energy Weather Connection
• WBAP WX
• WHDH - 7 Weather Boston
• WHNT Weather
• WNEP Stormtracker 16 Weather
• WREG Memphis Weather Center
• WSVN • South Florida's Source for Weather
• WTVR Weather CBS 6 Storm Center
• go4Warn by the 4Warn Storm Team
• iMap Weather Radio -NWS Weather Alerts like a NOAA Weather Radio & Radar