This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal Weather
► Weatherzone uses Bureau of Meteorology forecasts and our meteorologists to produce accurate forecasts for Australia and the world.
For serious weather watchers, who rely on weather for work or play, Weatherzone Plus+ gives you all the free app features plus more. These include 3 hourly forecasts, graphs of forecast temperatures over the next 48 hours and more detailed rain forecasts. You can also store unlimited favourites for rapid access.
► What features are exclusive to Weatherzone Plus?
- Exclusive 3 hourly temperature, icon and rain probability forecasts graph for next 24hrs and data for the next 48 hours for all major Australian locations from Opticast®
- Lightning and Wind Streamlines on radar animators using your Weatherzone Pro subscription
- 7 day forecasts for 2000+ Australian locations for minimum, maximum temperature, icon, rain probability/likely amount and 9am/3pm wind.
- 1000+ international location forecasts and observations
- Exclusive Pollen forecast for Capital Cities (excluding Darwin)
- Exclusive Australian synoptic map with rain areas and amounts for 7 days (drawn by Weatherzone meteorologist every 12 hours)
- Exclusive national video forecast with cloud rainfall, wind streamlines, rain and forecasts across Australia.
- Exclusive interactive local Radar animator featuring 64km, 128km, 256km, and State radars. Layer, duration, speed and dwell settings.
- Exclusive High Resolution Radar images (enable in settings)
- Exclusive ability to view high resolution state satellite domains
- Exclusive ability to view high resolution state/national radar domains and zoom to local radars
► What are other features of Weatherzone Plus?
- Get up to date local weather information easily using the GPS "My Location" feature
- Real-time observations for temperature, wind speed, gusts and direction, dew point, relative humidity, rainfall, pressure and rain since 9 am
- Past 24hrs, Month to date charts and almanac
- State or District Warnings
- Push Notifications for State or District Warnings, forecasts and App Badge
- Easily cycle through nearby observation locations
- Sunrise and Sunset times
- Fire Danger Rating (where available)
- UV Alert Times
- Tide Charts
- Moonrise /Moonset for 7 days
- Marine forecast
- Dynamic backgrounds that change as the weather does
- Your location shown on the local radar
- Radar animation speed and dwell options
- Animated Interactive radar from 58 locations around Australia
- Animated National and State composite radars
- Animated satellite of Australia
- Can store and display UNLIMITED favourite locations
► Snow & Ski
- Australia's only 14 day snow forecast
- Snow Reports
- Lift Status
- Road Conditions
► How do we make 3 hour forecasts?
Opticast® uses real time observations and up to 10 global weather prediction models that are intelligently combined to build the most accurate high resolution short term forecasts available to the Australian public.
► How do we provide more forecasts than the others?
We source data from the Bureau of Meteorology and then fill the gaps with our own team of professional meteorologists and in-house high resolution forecasting models.
► Who are Weatherzone?
Weatherzone are Australia's largest commercial meteorological organisation supplying most of Australia's media, electricity companies and other weather sensitive industries. Weatherzone uses Bureau of Meteorology resources and unique internally developed computer modeling to produce the most accurate forecasts available in Australia. We are a team of meteorologists and developers that are dedicated to providing innovative weather services.
Australian weather, Aussie weather, Sydney Weather, Melbourne Weather.
* Miscellaneous fixes and enhancements