iOS Universal Weather
Finally, a weather app you can trust!
StormWatch+ has been reinvigorated with an all-new graphical user interface featuring fast, smooth nationwide radar with precipitation type, watch and warning overlay, SPC severe weather outlooks, storm tracks, and satellite imagery; your local weather conditions; and National Weather Service (NWS) point forecast. In addition, safety videos and tips for multiple severe weather scenarios are a tap away.
No crap app here! By using NWS data, each forecast has a real meteorologist responsible for your location, not a computer weather model that changes every hour and can’t be trusted past 3 days.
STORMWATCH+ ALERTS IN-APP UPGRADE
For the ultimate severe weather preparation tool, check out our optional alerting technology, StormWatch+ Alerts, a potentially life-saving service that sends you push notifications whenever hazardous weather threatens your specific location. Once again relying on the expertise of over 3000 NWS meteorologists nationwide, StormWatch+ Alerts compares up to three specific locations you select (not your county, but a GPS location) with weather watches and warnings issued by your local NWS office. Alerts are sent to the app ONLY if you are in the path of hazardous weather. Opening the StormWatch+ app will show your location with respect to the warning boundaries on a map, as well as retrieve the full text of the alert. In addition, “wake-me-up” audio and voice alerts will sound for the most severe warnings. ^
Besides three programmable static locations, StormWatch+ EnRoute allows you to receive severe weather alerts while on the go! Simply enable EnRoute and the app will track your location (even while in the background^^) and alert you when you drive into a warned area!
No longer do you have to wonder whether the warning sirens are meant for your location or another part of your county/parish. For about the cost of a meal at your favorite fast-casual restaurant (regular price $8.99), you can have peace of mind when severe weather is threatening!
StormWatch+ provides personalized weather alerts in the palm of your hand!
Features of StormWatch+ Alerts include:
* Your choice of push notifications in the event of:
- Tornado Watches and Warnings
- Severe Thunderstorm Watches and Warnings
- Flash Flood Watches and Warnings
- Tropical Watches and Warnings
- A suite of Winter Storm Watches, Warnings, and Advisories
* Notifications sent even if the app is not running and your device is not in use
* Push notifications accompanied by audio alerts that will wake you up (for Tornado and Severe Thunderstorm Warnings)^
* Alerts for up to 3 static locations, which can be changed at any time
* StormWatch+ EnRoute, which uses your device's location services and/or GPS^^ to actively monitor your location for severe weather as you travel
* Map showing warned area and your location
* Quiet time – to temporarily stop alerts during a specified time of day
* Status button to disable all notifications (i.e., vacation stop)
* Status buttons to disable individual locations
* Free re-install if the app is deleted
* Multi-device installation with one purchase using the iCloud service or Family Sharing
^ Audio alerts cannot be heard if your device is manually silenced or in "Do Not Disturb" mode, as iOS does not provide a means to override your choice to silence your phone or place the device in Do Not Disturb mode.
^^ Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
For additional information, visit www.stormwatchplus.com or follow us on Twitter @stormwatchplus
Questions for our support team can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us to resolve any issues before leaving a negative review. Customer service is priority #2, right behind providing an accurate, life-saving service.
Thank you for your continued support. This update contains the following:
* Fixed a bug where SPC outlook layers might appear out of order
* Bug fixes and improvements
For StormWatch+ users:
* Enhanced layout for the alert screen, with at-a-glance "what to do" guidance for most alert types
* Bug fixes and improvements