iOS Universal Weather
FREE radar, current conditions, and your local forecast at your fingertips – plus, optionally add “personalized weather alerts in the palm of your hand” for just $8.99!
StormWatch+ provides the most up-to-date weather conditions and NEXRAD radar imagery for your location, plus plan your week using the concise seven-day forecast. Also included are safety videos on tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, and flash floods, so you are prepared if they strike.
STORMWATCH+ ALERTS IN-APP UPGRADE
For the ultimate severe weather preparation tool, check out StormWatch+ Alerts, a life-saving service that sends you alerts whenever severe weather threatens your specific location. By cross-referencing storm-based warnings (also known as warning polygons) issued by the NWS with up to three (3) locations that you specify, push notification alerts are generated if you are in harm’s way. Opening the StormWatch+ app will allow you to view your location with respect to the warning polygon on a map, as well as retrieve the full text of the alert.
No longer do you have to wonder whether the warning sirens are meant for your location or another part of your county/parish! For about the cost of a meal at your favorite fast-casual restaurant, you can have peace of mind when severe weather is threatening!
Now, three static locations are augmented with our new "StormWatch+ EnRoute" service, which allows you to receive severe weather alerts while on the go! Simply enable EnRoute and the app will track your location (even while in the background^^) and alert you when you drive into a warned area!
No longer do you have to wonder whether the warning sirens are sounding because of a storm headed for your location or if the dark clouds ahead promise severe weather!
Features of StormWatch+ Alerts include:
* Push notifications in the event of:
- Tornado Watches and Warnings
- Severe Thunderstorm Watches and Warnings
- Flash Flood Watches and Warnings
- Winter Storm Watches, Warnings, and Advisories
- A suite of Tropical watches, warnings, and advisories (both inland and coastal)
- All updates to these products (expire, cancel, continue, etc.)
- Users may select alert types they wish to receive
* Notifications sent even if app is not running and device is not in use
* Push notifications accompanied by audio alerts that will wake you up (for Tornado and Severe Thunderstorm Warnings)^
* Auto-updating list of active alerts, which “roll off” when expired or canceled
* Input up to three static locations, which can be changed at any time and can be set using:
- Current location (as determined by the device GPS)
- City, ST
- Postal address
- Zip code
* Activate EnRoute, which uses your device's location services and/or GPS^^ to actively monitor your location for severe weather as you travel
* Functional anywhere in the United States
* Map showing warned area and your location
* Quiet time – to temporarily stop alerts during a specified time of day
* Status button to disable all notifications (i.e., vacation stop)
* Status buttons to disable individual locations
* Safety tips (text and video) that you can follow in the event of severe weather
* Free re-install if the app is deleted
* Multi-device installation with one purchase using the iCloud service
^ Audio alerts cannot be heard if your device is manually silenced or in "Do Not Disturb" mode, as Apple does not provide a means to override your choice to silence your phone or place the device in Do Not Disturb mode.
^^ Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
For additional information, visit www.stormwatchplus.com or follow us on Twitter @stormwatchplus
Questions for our support team can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us to resolve any issues before leaving a negative review. Customer service is priority #2, right behind providing an accurate, life-saving service.
- Minor enhancements, including updates to winter and tropical weather types available for alerting
Previously, in 2.1.1:
– Fixed an issue in which 1-Hour and Storm Total Precipitation radar would fail to display in some areas
– New Storm Prediction Center categories on the Severe weather outlooks (Now tab)
– Bug fixes