StormTroopers gives you immediate access to the latest news and videos on extreme storms across the United States.
StormTroopers gives you exclusive behind-the-scenes video reports and video briefings from the leaders in storm chasing, TornadoVideos.net (TVN). TVN is the premier source of professional extreme weather photography and news for production companies, media, and weather enthusiasts, providing extreme weather event videos, worldwide.
TVN’s extensive network of storm observers drive thousands of miles to severe storms, hurricanes, winter or ice storms, and other visually intense weather conditions to document breaking news and live weather events on video. TVN has gained national media attention by virtue of its just-in-time and live high quality video, and the regular series of interviews it conducts after capturing severe weather event video footage. TVN has also gained notoriety due to their involvement with The Discovery Channel's series Storm Chasers.
When natural disasters strike, TVN stormchasers are guaranteed to be at ground zero documenting all aspects of the storm. The tornado, hurricane, hail, and blizzard footage shot by the daring TVN stormchasers is unsurpassed in terms of intensity, quality, and drama. TVN has provides such services to the following news networks: CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox News, Good Morning America, the BBC, The Weather Channel, and Univision.
For hurricane season, track hurricanes in real time and follow the predicted paths, including vital statistics on predicted wind strength. You can explore interactive tracking maps, detailed radar and satellite images and watch recently completed video briefings. Or you can look at past hurricanes by date and location for a preview of things to come. You can also get daily “alternative” real-world forecasts from the TVN team.
Download StormTroopers to be the first to know when extreme storms are hitting and see video from the front lines!
## Key Features
You can watch some extreme video from some of TVN’s chases, whether they are tornado or hurricane related.
Simply select active storms or the Tropical Overview map to get the current location statics, forecast track, error fan and wind speed forecasts. Use the radar map to zoom to see where the storms are headed.
View several regions via detailed satellite images to get the latest views of the tropics.
Up-to-the-minute text and video information is delivered from TVN Headquarters, and from the National Hurricane Center including the latest video briefings and the most informative reports from the forecasters at NHC.
Watch TVN’s own Dave Holder and his daily briefing to get the inside story on where the next extreme event might take place.
Disclaimer – StormTroopers attempts to keep you updated with the latest information about the weather situation. All official weather data originates from the National Weather Service and the National Hurricane Center. It is our goal to provide you with the best information available, however, do not make decisions or take actions solely based on this application that would impact the safety and/or well-being of yourself or others in your care. StormTroopers cannot guarantee the precision, accuracy and latency of the data or information provided. Nor do we have control of the network connection that could directly impact the timeliness of the information communicated
**"An iOS4 compatible version of this application is imminent. Please watch for updates.**
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 19, 2009
- Weather Decision Technologies, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (30)
- 0.4 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 13Now Severe Weather
• 5NEWS Severe Weather App
• 5NEWS Weather
• Alert Works
• Chicago Weather Center by iMap
• Deer Valley Resort – Official Mountain App
• FOX 13 Weather
• FOX 2 Weather St. Louis - KTVI
• FOX 2 Weather St. Louis For iPad - KTVI
• FOX 25 Weather
• FOX 4 Weather
• FOX6 Storm Center
• FOX8 Cleveland Weather
• FOX8 Weather Authority HD
• FOX8 Weather Center - FOX 8 News
• Fox59 Weather Authority
• Hunting Life Weather
• KPLR 11 Weather St. Louis For iPad - STL
• KSTU WX • FOX 13 Weatherwatch HD
• Live VIPIR Radar HD
• LiveWeather HD • Cleveland Storm Center
• MKEWeatherHD . FOX6 Storm Center
• Memphis Weather from News Channel 3
• News 9 Weather
• News on 6 Weather
• NewsChannel 3 Live VIPIR Radar
• NewsOK weatherwatch
• Okemo Mountain App
• Pinpoint Weather Colorado
• Q13FOX Sun Tracker
• Realtree Weather App
• Realtree's Weather Base Station
• STORM TEAM 8 LIVE WEATHER HD
• St. Louis Weather - KPLR
• Storm Track 8 Weather
• Telluride Ski Resort – Mountain App
• Touchstone Energy Weather Connection
• WBAP WX
• WHDH - 7 Weather Boston
• WHNT News 19's iPad Weather app HD
• WHNT Weather
• WHO 13Now Mobile Weather Center HD
• WNEP Stormtracker 16 Weather
• WNEP Weather HD
• WREG Memphis Weather Center
• WSVN • South Florida's Source for Weather
• WTVR WX CBS 6 Storm Center HD
• WTVR Weather CBS 6 Storm Center
• go4Warn by the 4Warn Storm Team
• go4warn HD Oklahoma Weather from KFOR
• iMap Weather Radio -NWS Weather Alerts like a NOAA Weather Radio & Radar
• iMapRadar - with alerts powered by iMap Weather Radio
• iMapWeather Lite
• iMapWeather Plus