iOS Universal Weather
Named by Time.com's @Techland as one of the best weather apps for your iPhone and Apple Watch.
Severe weather alerts for your exact location. Storm Shield gives you storm-based alerts for tornado, hurricane, flood, thunderstorm, winter storms and other life-threatening weather events via voice and push notification.
Storm-based alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. County-based alerts can result in false alarms, warning you when your location in the county is not within the threatened area.
What people are saying:
• Storm Shield "alerted our family of the Broken Arrow, OK tornado, faster than the TV and tornado sirens." - Robyn
• "I was in Oklahoma City during the tornado... we were right in its path. Your app literally was a life saver." - dcalk12
• Get voice alerts just like a NOAA weather radio via push notification anywhere in the United States.
• With Apple Watch, get a tap on your wrist when alerts are issued for your locations.
• Add Storm Shield's widget to your Today screen to get quick access to active alerts for the first location you have in your app.
• Touch Storm Shield's app icon on your 3D-Touch enabled iPhone for quick widget access.
• Hi-Definition radar map is your home screen so you can immediately see what's going on at your locations.
• View current conditions, hourly & daily forecasts.
• Save additional locations to ensure family members stay safe.
• Closings for Baltimore, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Lansing, Milwaukee, Nashville, Omaha, Tulsa.
View NOAA severe weather alerts on the map to see where dangerous weather is happening:
• Tap alerts to view info
• Flood watches & warnings
• Tornadoes & Thunderstorms
• Hurricane & Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Winter storms
• Marine & Coastal alerts
• Radar & Clouds
• Wind Speed
• Snow Cover
• Water Temperatures
• Road Weather
• Future Weather (purchase required)
• Lightning Alerts and notifications (purchase required)
Enhance your app with auto-renewing subscriptions:
Buy Future Weather ($0.99/month) to unlock these 3 features:
1) Future Radar: See radar into the future (6 hrs on Wi-Fi, 2 hrs on cellular)
2) Storm Tracks: See how fast storms are moving & where they're headed
3) Future Temperature Map: See future temperatures map (12 hrs on Wi-Fi, 5 hrs on cellular)
Buy Lightning ($0.99/month) to unlock these 2 features:
1) Lightning strike push notifications up to 10 miles away.
2) See lightning on the map within 150 miles of a selected location.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company & KMGH Denver, WXYZ Detroit, WCPO Cincinnati, WEWS Cleveland, RTV6 Indianapolis, KSHB Kansas City, WTVF Nashville, KMTV Omaha, KJRH Tulsa, KTTS Springfield, KFDI Wichita, WFTS Tampa, WPTV West Palm Beach, WFTX Ft. Myers, WTMJ Milwaukee, WGBA Green Bay, WSYM Lansing-Jackson, WMAR Baltimore, WKBW Buffalo, KNXV Phoenix, KGUN Tucson, KTNV Las Vegas, KGTV San Diego, KERO Bakersfield, KIVI Boise.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Widget: Storm Shield App now has a widget for the Today screen on your iOS device! This was a common user request, and we're excited this is now part of the app! Get quick access to active weather alerts, current conditions and a 5-hour forecast for the first location you have in your Storm Shield App. Be sure to enable your widget on your device's Today screen. Storm Shield's widget can also appear on your lock screen for super-quick access if you enabled it.
• 3D Touch: The app's icon is now enabled with 3D Touch, an Apple technology that senses how deeply you press the display in iPhone 6S and later iPhone models. By 3D touching the app icon on your iPhone, you can get quick access to active weather alerts, current conditions and a 5-hour forecast for the first location you have in your Storm Shield App, right from the home screen of your iPhone.
• A new Advanced feature allows you to select your preference to show on the Location Card at the bottom of the map either the 5-hour forecast Conditions or the 5-hour forecast Temperatures. This new preference also takes effect on Storm Shield's new Widget. To set your preference, on the Map screen tap Settings (the gear icon), then Advanced, and under 'Location Cards' select either 'Show Hourly Conditions' or 'Show Hourly Temperatures'.
• Tapping a location pin on the map shows a bubble with a new info button that opens the Location Details screen. (You can still tap the 'More' button on the Location Card at the bottom of the screen to access the same location information.)
• This includes a patch for the bug fix in version 4.6 that was supposed to clear up duplicate saved locations in the app. Version 4.5 cleared up duplicate current locations, but turns out it did not handle all cases for duplicate saved locations. This version 4.7 should now resolve that for saved locations too. If, after installing version 4.7, your device is still affected by this, please submit a Support ticket from within your Storm Shield App, which provides us with additional diagnostic data, and we’ll look into it.
• Fixed a bug that caused an app crash if you had to delete and then quickly re-install the app (the app could crash if any app settings at the iOS system level were not cleared immediately when the app was deleted, due to some system level app settings that could remain cached for a few extra minutes).
• Additional Accessibility and Voice Over improvements for our visually-impaired users are included in this release.