This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal Weather
Named by Time.com's @Techland as one of the best weather apps for Your iPhone.
Severe weather alerts for your exact location. Storm Shield Weather Radio gives you storm-based alerts for tornado, hurricane, flood, thunderstorm, winter storms and other life-threatening weather events via voice and push notification.
Storm-based or polygon alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Many other products still use county-based alerts (meaning you'd get an alert even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area).
What people are saying:
• Storm Shield "can keep you appraised of everything from severe thunderstorms to flash flooding... this kind of information can be a life-saver, as many of its loyal users have already attested." - Time.com
• Storm Shield "alerted our family of the Broken Arrow, OK tornado, faster than the TV and tornado sirens." - Robyn, Broken Arrow, OK resident
• "I was in Oklahoma City during the tornado... we were right in its path. Your app literally was a life saver." - dcalk12
• Get NOAA alerts via voice and push notification no matter where you are in the United States.
• Share severe weather alerts with your family and friends to make sure they stay safe.
• Beautifully sharp radar map as your home screen so you can immediately see what's going on at your current and saved locations.
• Share your radar view with family and friends when severe weather is affecting them.
• See where NOAA watches and warnings are issued by switching map overlays.
• See Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks.
• Save five additional locations to make sure friends and family at home, work, or out of state stay safe.
• School Closings for Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Tulsa and Buffalo.
• View current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts.
• Severe weather forecasts in the app. Know where bad weather will occur before you travel with forecasts by our Storm Shield Meteorologist.
• Watch live video streams when available (usually during local coverage of severe weather in cities listed below).
• Storm Shield uses iOS Significant-Change Location and Background Refresh (not GPS) to balance location accuracy and battery life.
• Turn off Background Tracking and instead set one of your five locations to where you are most often.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company, including WCPO Cincinnati, KNXV ABC15 Phoenix, WEWS Newsnet5 Cleveland, WXYZ Detroit, KJRH Tulsa, KMGH ABC7 Denver, KGTV ABC10 San Diego, KERO 23 Bakersfield, WMAR ABC2 Baltimore, WFTS ABCActionNews Tampa, WPTV News Channel 5 West Palm Beach, WRTV RTV6 The IndyChannel Indianapolis, KSHB 41 Action News Kansas City, WKBW Buffalo.
View our Support FAQs at support.stormshieldapp.com, and get tips, updates and more on our Storm Shield Facebook page.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Accessibility and VoiceOver enhancements for our visually impaired users. A special shout-out and thanks to all our beta testers for your valued feedback on these accessibility improvements!
• Performance upgrades to weather radar display.
• Squashed some bugs and app crashes that were affecting some users from the previous update.
Thanks for all your feedback from the last release and keep your feedback coming! We are working hard to make the product better with each update.
• Squashed more bugs and fixed app crashes
• When creating a saved location, the red location pin will now remain precisely where you move the pin to if you are trying to move the default placement of the pin.
• Squashed the bugs causing the intermittent crashes and download fail errors.
• Added a current location button on the home screen so you can quickly center the map.
• Added a quick tutorial on start up to help you get oriented with the new design.
Storm Shield has been completely redesigned based on all your feedback. Quicker access to radar and the ability to share alerts were at the top of your list. We made those priorities one and two in this version of Storm Shield.