Severe weather alerts for your exact location. Storm Shield Weather Radio gives you storm-based alerts for tornado, hurricane, flood, thunderstorm, winter storms and other life-threatening weather events via voice and push notification.
Storm-based or polygon alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Many other products still use county-based alerts (meaning you'd get an alert even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area).
What people are saying:
• Storm Shield "alerted our family of the Broken Arrow, OK tornado, faster than the TV and tornado sirens." - Robyn, Broken Arrow, OK resident
• "I was in Oklahoma City during the tornado... we were right in its path. Your app literally was a life saver." - dcalk12
• Get NOAA alerts via voice and push notification no matter where you are in the United States.
• Share severe weather alerts with your family and friends to make sure they stay safe.
• Beautifully sharp radar map as your home screen so you can immediately see what's going on at your current and saved locations.
• Share your radar view with family and friends when severe weather is affecting them.
• See where NOAA watches and warnings are issued by switching map overlays.
• See Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks.
• Save five additional locations to make sure friends and family at home, work, or out of state stay safe.
• School Closings for Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Tulsa and Buffalo.
• View current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts.
• Severe weather forecasts in the app. Know where bad weather will occur before you travel with forecasts by our Storm Shield Meteorologist.
• Watch live video streams when available (usually during local coverage of severe weather in cities listed below).
• Storm Shield uses iOS Significant-Change Location and Background Refresh (not GPS) to balance location accuracy and battery life.
• Turn off Background Tracking and instead set one of your five locations to where you are most often.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company, including WCPO Cincinnati, KNXV ABC15 Phoenix, WEWS Newsnet5 Cleveland, WXYZ Detroit, KJRH Tulsa, KMGH ABC7 Denver, KGTV ABC10 San Diego, KERO 23 Bakersfield, WMAR ABC2 Baltimore, WFTS ABCActionNews Tampa, WPTV News Channel 5 West Palm Beach, WRTV RTV6 The IndyChannel Indianapolis, KSHB 41 Action News Kansas City, WKBW Buffalo.
View our Support FAQs at support.stormshieldapp.com, and get tips, updates and more on our Storm Shield Facebook page.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Squashed more bugs and fixed app crashes
• When creating a saved location, the red location pin will now remain precisely where you move the pin to if you are trying to move the default placement of the pin.
Thanks for all your feedback from the last release and keep your feedback coming! We are working hard to make the product better with each update.
• Squashed the bugs causing the intermittent crashes and download fail errors
• Added a current location button on the home screen so you can quickly center the map
• Added a quick tutorial on start up to help you get oriented with the new design
Storm Shield has been completely redesigned based on all your feedback. Quicker access to radar and the ability to share alerts were at the top of your list. We made those priorities one and two in this version of Storm Shield.
• Radar is now your home screen
Radar is the first thing you look at when opening the app, so we made it the home screen.
• Share alerts
Share severe weather alerts with your family and friends to make sure they stay safe.
• Optimized for iPad
Redesigned to look great across all your iOS devices.
• Severe weather forecasts in the app
Know where bad weather will occur before you travel with forecasts by our Storm Shield Meteorologist.
Storm Shield's new full-screen radar map is especially sharp on the bigger retina screens of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. If you haven't upgraded your old iPhone yet, we encourage you to do so. We have more plans to enhance the radar and make it faster in the months to come.
If you have questions about Storm Shield version 3, view our FAQs at support.stormshieldapp.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 10, 2015
- E.W. Scripps Company
- 9.2 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (322)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (836)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 10News San Diego
• 2 Works for You
• 23ABC News Bakersfield
• 41 Action News Kansas City
• 7NEWS Denver
• ABC Action News Tampa Bay
• ABC15 Arizona
• Abilene Reporter-News - Abilene, Texas
• Anderson Independent Mail - Anderson, S.C.
• Caller-Times - Corpus Christi, Texas
• Courier & Press - Evansville, Ind.
• Gleaner E-Edition
• Indian River Press Journal electronic newspaper
• Kitsap Sun - Kitsap (Bremerton), Wash.
• Knoxville News Sentinel - Knoxville, Tenn.
• Metro Pulse E-Edition
• Naples Daily News - Naples, Fla.
• NewsChannel 5 Cleveland - newsnet5.com
• Podium - Follow and Influence Your Politicians
• Record Searchlight - Redding, Calif.
• RTV6 Indianapolis
• San Angelo Standard-Times - San Angelo, Texas
• St. Lucie News Tribune electronic newspaper
• Stuart News electronic newspaper
• TCPalm/Treasure Coast Newspapers - The Stuart News, St. Lucie News Tribune, Press Journal
• The Commercial Appeal
• Times Record News - Wichita Falls, Texas
• Ventura County Star - Ventura County, Calif.
• WCPO - 9 On Your Side – Cincinnati
• WKBW Buffalo
• WMAR ABC2 News Baltimore
• WPTV NewsChannel 5 West Palm Beach
• WXYZ Channel 7 Detroit