WSI Pilotbrief Optima Enterprise
iOS iPad Weather
Gain access to the aviation industry’s leading disruptive weather briefing available in your existing WSI Pilotbrief Optima account with this application. WSI Pilotbrief Optima, delivers the most relevant preflight briefing experience directly to your iPad. Wherever you are, you will be able to quickly create and file your flight plan, retrieve your weather briefing, and access enroute and approach plate charts.
WSI Pilotbrief Optima offers
-High definition weather layers, Radar, Satellite IR, VIL and EchoTop mosaics
-Route Specific Weather and NOTAM Briefings
-Global Optimized Flight Planning
-Global Enroute Hazards - proprietary forecasts by WSI forecasters
-ADS-B Weather and NOTAM data from Dual XGPS170 Receiver
-Real-time inFlight weather data through SiriusXM Aviation Receiver
-VFR Sections, IFR Enroute, and Approach plate charts
-Proprietary forecast radar showing how the radar will move in the next 24 hours
This release contains enhancements and improvements to support new map layers, aeronautical charts and half-degree waypoints.
• New map layers for,
- Hawaii Radar
- Alaska Radar
- Global Forecast Radar
- HailZone (Global Hazards package only)
- StrikeZone (Global Hazards package only)
• Aeronautical charts for all users.
• Support for Half-degree waypoint format, for routes along the RLatSM North Atlantic track.
• Reduced app size and more efficient memory usage.
• Various bug fixes, including:
- Correct labels for flight briefings below FL 180.
- Coverage mask for SiriusXM composite radar.
- Weather layers display correctly, even after the app has been in the background for an extended period of time.
- Correct timestamps on the animation toolbar, not duplicates.
- Listing alternates in a dropdown, when there are multiple airports in the selected route.
• v2.10.3 has also been tested on iOS 9.3.
This maintenance release includes the following bug fixes for issues that appeared with version 2.10.
• Bug Fixes include:
- Pilotbrief Optima™no longer requires frequent sign in if the app is pushed to the background while it is authenticating. Once the user signs in, they will remain signed in until they sign out.
- Forgot password function works as expected.
- Pilotbrief Optima™ no longer crashes when you display weather for airports in far northern latitudes that experience polar nights.
- Intermittent internet connection during launch no longer causes Pilotbrief Optima™ to shut down
- Pilotbrief Optima™ remains stable when VFR and IFR charts are downloaded.
- The application now has added stability after an upgrade.
- A few other miscellaneous bugs that caused the app to close.
• v2.10.1 has also been tested on iOS 9.2.
• Enhancing the Connected Cockpit by
- Increasing resiliency, reliability and stability for Digital Flight Release (DFR) features
- Supporting SiriusXM’s AR1 firmware v12 with auto-launch option
* Please pair responsibly. Don’t pair in the air. Only pair on the ground.
• Pilotbrief looks better and runs faster. Now, there are dozens of usability and performance fixes and enhancements.
• Better weather: This version contains a new layer for Forecast Echo Tops and Ocean Tracks
• New interactive toolbar makes it easier to find, use the most popular Pilotbrief features
• Calculate distance and bearing using current position, selected position, NAVAIDs, routes and more
• When using route coordinates, Pilotbrief now supports Seconds (e.g., DD MM SS N/S / DDD MM SS W/E). Example: 435201N/0844501W
• Improved data persistence across pages and connection modes for airport weather and favorite stations
• Support for iOS9 (and deprecated support for iOS7)
• We squashed dozens of bugs. Most bothersome solved bugs include (for complete list, see Release Notes):
- Lat/Long layer selection no longer causes Pilotbrief Optima™ to shut down
- Download Manager now pops up on downloading Route Briefing - it provides feedback (status of the download state) that warns you from quitting the app before a download is complete.
- Aeronautical charts no longer stall at 95% when updating
- Duplicate saved routes no longer appear in route lists