WSI Pilotbrief Optima
iOS iPad Weather
On the ground or in the air, WSI Pilotbrief Optima is your co-pilot in the cockpit. Fly safely, confidently and comfortably with the latest and most accurate weather at your fingertips.
From any location, quickly create or select a flight route, retrieve a weather briefing, access enroute and approach plate charts and modify the route during flight. Using an iPad, gain access to the aviation industry’s leading weather briefing product.
WSI Pilotbrief Optima, delivers the most relevant preflight and inflight briefing experience directly to your iPad by improving:
- Safety & Comfort
- High definition weather layers, Radar, Satellite IR, VIL and EchoTop mosaics
- Route Specific Weather and NOTAM Briefings
- Proprietary forecast radar showing how the radar will move in the next 24 hours
- Global Enroute Hazards - proprietary forecasts by WSI forecasters
- Connections & Operations
- Multi-pilot collaboration tools for streamlined operations in EFB and EFF (Electronic Flight Bag and Electronic Flight Folder, respectively)
- Offline mode to conserve bandwidth and data consumption
- Compliance with Corporate, Industry and Government Regulations
- VFR Sections, IFR Enroute, and Approach plate charts
- Real-time inFlight weather data through SiriusXM Aviation Receiver
- Digital Flight Release & Navigation Log capabilities for Business & Commercial Aviation
Version 2.12 includes the following updates:
1. Expanded Global Radar coverage over the US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia, Northern & Eastern Europe, Japan, and South Korea.
2. Tropical Cyclone tracking charts, available when active cyclones are present
3. Digital Flight Release users can now take advantage of the following features:
- Navlog includes position reporting, time and fuel deltas and Navlog data synchronization controls.
- Day & Night Mode (for DFR Customers) are available for the menubar, Scheduled Flights panel, Digital Flight Release, and Navigation Log
4. User Interface improvements
5. Various bug fixes