** 30 Days Free Service on initial download! **
Plan. File. Fly.
Garmin Pilot is the most comprehensive suite of tools for the iPad designed specifically for general aviation and corporate pilots. Flight planning, DUAT(S) filing, charts, interactive maps, weather briefing resources and navigation capabilities; it’s all included. The app’s intuitive interface mirrors those on the newest Garmin touchscreen avionics so you can go seamlessly from preflight to inflight. Plan, file, fly with Garmin Pilot.
Garmin Pilot’s powerful capabilities start with pre-flight planning, providing pilots with the most comprehensive aviation weather information to make better-informed flight decisions. Pilots can check NEXRAD radar, visible and infrared cloud imagery, METARs, TAFs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, PIREPs, NOTAMs, winds and temperature aloft, PIREPs, TFRs and lightning data. With Garmin Pilot, data can be displayed over a VFR sectional or an IFR low or high en-route chart to visualize the weather for your route. Add text-based weather widgets and use the exclusive NavTrack feature to view weather along the planned route. Long-press any location on the map and the new Radial Menu provides easy access to navigation information, including: airports, navaids, current METARs, direct-to, airspaces, creating a waypoint and allowing for graphical editing of a flight plan.
With Garmin Pilot, users can easily enter a flight plan and interactively edit it on the map. Pre-loaded forms make it quick to save and reuse data for frequently flown routes. And when the flight plan is ready, Garmin Pilot makes it simple to file, amend or close the flight plan via DTC DUAT or CSC DUATS. Electronic confirmations from DUAT(S) meet FAA legal briefing requirements.
Garmin Pilot provides full en-route navigation capability on its moving map, while showing ETE, ETA, crosstrack error, distance to waypoint and current position. Pilots can also navigate with Garmin’s patented panel, a GPS-driven instrument pack with a graphical HSI directional display and indicators for groundspeed, altitude and vertical speed. After takeoff, pilots can continue to view real-time weather information by wirelessly connecting to XM WX Satellite Weather through the Baron Mobile Link™ paired with a satellite weather receiver (sold separately, subscription required).
Garmin Pilot . It’s the app aviators have been waiting for.
- Dynamic Maps
- Charts: VFR Sectionals, low and high IFR en-route, airport diagrams and approach procedures
- Optional geo-referenced Garmin FliteCharts® and Garmin SafeTaxi® show aircraft position on approach charts and taxiways
- Weather Maps: Animated radar, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, Lightning, PIREPs, METARs, TAFs, Winds Aloft, TFRs, Infrared and Visible Satellite
- Extensive text products: METARs, TAFs, Winds Aloft, PIREPs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, Area Forecasts and NOTAMs
- Dynamic weather overlaid with your route on top of a sectional, en-route chart, or map
- AOPA Airport Directory
- Flight plan filing via DUAT(S)
- Garmin patented navigation panel
- Comprehensive weather data direct from the National Weather Service and Environment Canada
** Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. **
More bug-fixes and performance optimizations.
- Dynamic Maps that enable Track Up or North Up Orientation
- Configurable Maps
- Airport Facilities Directory
- Trip Planning Improvements
- Chart Annotations
- Night Mode
- Customizable Flight Condition Colors
- Minor bug fixes and performance optimizations
IMPORTANT: Garmin Pilot 5.0 is best used on newer devices and the recommended minimum platforms are iPad 2 and iPhone 4. Older devices may experience performance or stability issues and will not have some advanced features.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 1 week ago
- Garmin DCI
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (655)
- 31.4 MB