Oz Weather Plus
iOS Universal Weather
Intelligently designed and updated for iOS11 - All the essential Australian weather information from the Bureau of Meteorology - presented quickly, clearly and elegantly - plus powerful and unique new features!
Includes watch app with current weather data in complications on the watch face, and even an augmented reality radar viewer!
WHAT IT HAS:
► Forecasts - so you know what to expect for the week ahead, in beautifully colourful, clear and readable presentation
► Current Weather - so you know what is happening now (for ALL your nearby locations)
► Recent Weather - so you know how we got here (with 3 day history tables and graphs)
► Animated Radar - so you know where it is raining, and whether it is heading your way (with animated radar image loops), also now fully zoomable, with crosshairs centred on your own location
► Tide data and graphs
- For hundreds of primary and secondary tide sites around Australia
► Push Notifications
- App badging with current temp, forecast max, warnings
- Local warnings alerts
► Widget on the Notifications screen - with 3 in-app options for forecast format - brief text, long text, graphical
► NEW and UNIQUE to this app - Weather Alarms!!!
- For example when the temperature crosses any threshold, like 35C
- Or the windspeed, or amount of rain, or humidity level, etc...
► Lots More Features (just some of many..!)
- Rainfall forecast maps for up to 4 days ahead
- Map showing all nearest local observations
- Map of major cities' observations and forecasts
- Map of state and nationwide latest observed temperatures
- Synoptic history maps and forecast maps
- National satellite cloud image loops
- Forecast maximum UV index map
- 7 day forecasts for more than 500 official forecast locations
- Detailed local observations for more than 800 locations, typically updated every 10 mins
- Each forecast location includes up to 10 nearest official observation locations, accessible by side-scrolling action.
- 50+ rain radar locations around Australia
- Weather and radar data delivery has been carefully optimised to arrive quickly on your iPhone
This application was created by an Australian app developer with a passion for meteorology and making great useful and fun apps. The original Oz Weather made it to #1 in the Australian app store - and this new version is way more advanced!
- This application contains weather data *only* for Australian locations. It is offered to overseas users only for those who want to keep an eye on Australian weather.
- Your feedback is welcomed, and the application includes an email link on its About screen for that purpose (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Fixes Tables/Graphs selection due to backward compatibility issue for iOS10 on small screen devices