Oz Weather Lite
AUSTRALIAN WEATHER FOR THE IPHONE - This is the Free version of the popular and much-praised Oz Weather app. It has the essentials you need, but we encourage you to upgrade to the paid version for the full range of useful, attractive and fun features it offers.
WHAT IT HAS:
* All of the officially supported Bureau of Meteorology forecast and observation cities and sites
* Clearly laid out forecasts and current observations for your selected location
* Side-scrollable local observations so you can easily see current weather readings from various other nearby locations
* Ability to edit the list of cities or add extra cities to your list from a map
WHY YOU WOULD WANT IT:
The weather information it provides is of much higher quality, immediacy and relevance than what is provided by many other weather apps. The data is sourced from the most reliable source available for Australian weather - the Bureau of Meteorology.
Forecasts of up to 7 days are available for all officially available forecast cities/locations, and local observations of current temperature, humidity, wind and rainfall are typically updated at least once every 10 minutes (less often for smaller locations). If you are interested in capital city weather, you will often see actual official measurements only minutes after they are taken. Also, this application shows you exactly how long ago the observations were made - no need to wonder whether the temperature and rainfall observations you are seeing were taken hours ago.
More than 250 Australian towns and city forecast locations are available in this application, and the user can compile a short-list of favourite cities for quickest possible viewing. Each forecast location includes up to 6 nearest official observation locations, accessible by side-scrolling action.
This application was created by an Australian software developer with a BSc and PhD in meteorology and oceanography, and a passion for helping people via technology.
- This application contains weather data *only* for Australian places. It is offered to overseas users only for those who want to keep an eye on Australian weather.
- Forecasts for regional locations for which BOM does not supply 7 day official forecasts have been extended with BOM computer modeling data. This is not as reliable as human-generated forecasts, but can still provide useful guidance about temperature and rainfall trends for those locations where this is not available from BOM published forecasts.
* Updated for iPhone 5 screen and iOS6
* Fixes out-of-date weather history issues
* New interface appearance
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 18, 2012
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (29)
- 4.6 MB