This app was removed from the App Store.
Oz Weather Classic (for older iOS versions)
iOS iPhone Weather
*** EXTRA EXTRA !!! NOW AVAILABLE for iOS7 - BRAND NEW "Oz Weather Plus" supersedes this older app. Intelligently redesigned with exciting, unique new features! Find it, buy it, enjoy it!
If you have updated your iPhone to iOS7, you'll be thrilled by the new "Oz Weather Plus" app, at the same low price. The highly rated "Oz Weather" app you are looking at now is being kept available only for users who are still using older versions of iOS. ***
All the essential Australian weather information you need in the palm of your hand - presented quickly, clearly and elegantly.
*** !!! 2012 Winner - Australian Mobile Awards !!! ***
WHAT IT HAS:
* Forecasts - so you know what to expect (today, tomorrow and the week ahead, plus weather warnings)
* Current Weather - so you know what is happening now (for a range of nearby locations)
* Recent Weather - so you know how we got here (with 3 day history tabulated and in graphical form)
* Animated Radar - so you know where it is raining, and whether it is heading your way (with animated radar image loops)
* Extended Pro Features - now included for free
- Rainfall forecasts maps for up to 4 days ahead
- Map showing all nearest local observations
- Map of major cities' observations and forecasts
- Map of state and nationwide latest observed temperatures
- Synoptic history maps and forecast maps
- National satellite cloud image loops
- Forecast maximum UV index map
WHY YOU WOULD WANT IT:
The weather information it provides is of much higher quality, immediacy and relevance than what is provided by US weather suppliers via the built-in iPhone weather application. It also includes important local current weather warnings and alerts, and is includes various types of data not covered in competing apps.
- 7 day forecasts for more than 250 official forecast locations
- Detailed local observations for more than 800 locations, typically updated every 10 mins
- Each forecast location includes up to 6 nearest official observation locations, accessible by side-scrolling action.
- 50+ rain radar locations around Australia
- The radar view also has a "Locate Me" feature which queries the iPhone's GPS and then centres the radar map on your current location along with an animated crosshair cursor.
- Radar data delivery has been carefully optimised to arrive quickly on your iPhone
This application was created by an Australian software developer with a BSc and PhD in meteorology and oceanography, and a passion for helping people via technology.
Your feedback is welcomed, and the application includes an email link on its information screen for that purpose.
- This application contains weather data *only* for Australian places. It is offered to overseas users only for those who want to keep an eye on Australian weather.
- Forecasts for regional locations for which BOM does not supply 7 day official forecasts have been extended with BOM computer modelling data. This is not as reliable as human-generated forecasts, but can still provide useful guidance about temperature and rainfall trends for those locations where this is not available from BOM published forecasts.
* Minor bug fixes