All the essential Australian weather information you need in the palm of your hand - presented quickly, clearly and elegantly.
*** !!! 2012 Winner - Australian Mobile Awards !!! ***
WHAT IT HAS:
* Forecasts - so you know what to expect (today, tomorrow and the week ahead, plus weather warnings)
* Current Weather - so you know what is happening now (for a range of nearby locations)
* Recent Weather - so you know how we got here (with 3 day history tabulated and in graphical form)
* Animated Radar - so you know where it is raining, and whether it is heading your way (with animated radar image loops)
* Extended Pro Features - now included for free
- Rainfall forecasts maps for up to 4 days ahead
- Map showing all nearest local observations
- Map of major cities' observations and forecasts
- Map of state and nationwide latest observed temperatures
- Synoptic history maps and forecast maps
- National satellite cloud image loops
- Forecast maximum UV index map
WHY YOU WOULD WANT IT:
The weather information it provides is of much higher quality, immediacy and relevance than what is provided by US weather suppliers via the built-in iPhone weather application. It also includes important local current weather warnings and alerts, and is includes various types of data not covered in competing apps.
- 7 day forecasts for more than 250 official forecast locations
- Detailed local observations for more than 800 locations, typically updated every 10 mins
- Each forecast location includes up to 6 nearest official observation locations, accessible by side-scrolling action.
- 50+ rain radar locations around Australia
- The radar view also has a "Locate Me" feature which queries the iPhone's GPS and then centres the radar map on your current location along with an animated crosshair cursor.
- Radar data delivery has been carefully optimised to arrive quickly on your iPhone
This application was created by an Australian software developer with a BSc and PhD in meteorology and oceanography, and a passion for helping people via technology.
Your feedback is welcomed, and the application includes an email link on its information screen for that purpose.
- This application contains weather data *only* for Australian places. It is offered to overseas users only for those who want to keep an eye on Australian weather.
- Forecasts for regional locations for which BOM does not supply 7 day official forecasts have been extended with BOM computer modelling data. This is not as reliable as human-generated forecasts, but can still provide useful guidance about temperature and rainfall trends for those locations where this is not available from BOM published forecasts.
* Updated some city data to ensure observation stations are not repeated within a given city entry.
* Observations which have not been updated by BoM in more than 24hrs are now marked with label "x days ago" to show they are no longer current.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 27, 2012
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (87)
- 9.4 MB