**"An iOS4 compatible version of this application is imminent. Please watch for updates.**
iStormCenter gives you immediate access to the latest news on hurricanes for the 2009 hurricane season, straight to your iPhone from the experts at the National Hurricane Center.
iStormCenter gives you exclusive video reports and video briefings from hurricane specialists at the National Hurricane Center as well as the most up-to-date conditions and breaking news.
You can follow through all the stages of a hurricane starting with updates when conditions are ripe for a tropical disturbance, then the progression into a tropical depression.
Track the hurricanes in real time and follow the predicted paths, including vital statistics on predicted wind strength as the news breaks with briefings from the National Hurricane Center. You can explore interactive tracking maps, detailed radar and satellite images and watch recently completed video briefings. Or you can look at past hurricanes by date and location for a preview of things to come.
Use iStormCenter to be the first to know and then update family, friends and co-workers on the latest hurricane developments.
## Key Features
Simply select active storms from the Maps menu to get the current location statics, forecast track, error fan and wind speed forecasts.
Use the zoomable radar map to zoom to see areas being impacted by the storm.
View several regions via detailed satellite images to get the latest views of the tropics.
You can watch the latest videos and eye-witness reports on the tropical situation from inception to the devastating wind and dangerous flooding in low-lying area.
Hurricane history is at your fingertips, by choosing the year you can view the hurricane and tropical storm tracks for the Atlantic Basin.
Up-to-the-minute text and video information is delivered from the National Hurricane Center including the latest video briefings and the most informative reports from the forecasters at NHC.
Disclaimer – iStormCenter attempts to keep you updated with the latest information about the tropical weather situation. All official hurricane data originates from the National Hurricane Center. It is our goal to provide you with the best information available, however, do not make decisions or take actions solely based on this application that would impact the safety and/or well-being of yourself or others in your care. iStormCenter cannot guarantee the precision, accuracy and latency of the data or information provided. Nor do we have control of the network connection that could directly impact the timeliness of the information communicated.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 17, 2009
- Weather Decision Technologies, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (3)
- 0.3 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 13Now Severe Weather
• 5NEWS Severe Weather App
• 5NEWS Weather
• Alert Works
• Chicago Weather Center by iMap
• Deer Valley Resort – Official Mountain App
• FOX 13 Weather
• FOX 2 Weather St. Louis - KTVI
• FOX 2 Weather St. Louis For iPad - KTVI
• FOX 25 Weather
• FOX 4 Weather
• FOX6 Storm Center
• FOX8 Cleveland Weather
• FOX8 Weather Authority HD
• FOX8 Weather Center - FOX 8 News
• Fox59 Weather Authority
• Hunting Life Weather
• KPLR 11 Weather St. Louis For iPad - STL
• KSTU WX • FOX 13 Weatherwatch HD
• Live VIPIR Radar HD
• LiveWeather HD • Cleveland Storm Center
• MKEWeatherHD . FOX6 Storm Center
• Memphis Weather from News Channel 3
• News 9 Weather
• News on 6 Weather
• NewsChannel 3 Live VIPIR Radar
• NewsOK weatherwatch
• Okemo Mountain App
• Pinpoint Weather Colorado
• Q13FOX Sun Tracker
• Realtree Weather App
• Realtree's Weather Base Station
• STORM TEAM 8 LIVE WEATHER HD
• St. Louis Weather - KPLR
• Storm Track 8 Weather
• Telluride Ski Resort – Mountain App
• Touchstone Energy Weather Connection
• WBAP WX
• WHDH - 7 Weather Boston
• WHNT News 19's iPad Weather app HD
• WHNT Weather
• WHO 13Now Mobile Weather Center HD
• WNEP Stormtracker 16 Weather
• WNEP Weather HD
• WREG Memphis Weather Center
• WSVN • South Florida's Source for Weather
• WTVR WX CBS 6 Storm Center HD
• WTVR Weather CBS 6 Storm Center
• go4Warn by the 4Warn Storm Team
• go4warn HD Oklahoma Weather from KFOR
• iMap Weather Radio -NWS Weather Alerts like a NOAA Weather Radio & Radar
• iMapRadar - with alerts powered by iMap Weather Radio
• iMapWeather Lite
• iMapWeather Plus