iMapRadar - with alerts powered by iMap Weather Radio
**** Due to concerns voiced by users this application's branding and name are being reset to the original name of iMapRadar****
iMapRadar is a FREE application with free weather information such as radar and forecasts.
This upgrade to iMapRadar includes the ability to add five locations for tracking hourly, daily & extended weather information, forecasts, and watches and warnings all FREE. Users get a 6th "current" location that updates whenever the app is opened. In addition, you will now get forecasts and commentary from WDT's staff of expert meteorologists at no cost.
iMapRadar's push alerts are powered by WDT's highly scalable, fully redundant, alerting and messaging engine. Through a 7-day free trial users may experience all of the same premium alerting features found in iMap Weather Radio. Those features include push notifications for more than 140 National Weather Service alert types, voice announcements of alerts, spoken alert details, spoken forecasts, alerts based on your current location tracked in the background. The premium features are offered at the same price as our award winning app available for $9.99. They are backed by an industry-leading alerting infrastructure and 24/7 support.
***iMap Weather Radio was a nominee for the Edison Award, Winner of MediaPost's Appy Award for Weather apps, runner up in the CTIA E-Tech Awards and has been recommended by dozens of professional meteorologists and media outlets in the U.S. including CNN and Jim Cantore. ***
**** FREE FEATURES ****
• Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts, and severe weather alert badges and text for your current location
• Level 3 interactive radar, animation/loops and visible satellite map
• One, two, and three-day outlooks from NOAA's Storm Prediction Center
• Twitter & Facebook feeds, and forecast, winter and news feed from WDT's WeatherOps team
• Free 7-day trial for the full alert package
**** IN-APP PURCHASES ****
• Unlock the full alert package for a single one-time-only purchase of $9.99. That package includes:
• Five static locations, plus the current location (6 total)
• Push Notifications – Receive push notifications for severe weather warning, watches, and advisories issues by the National Weather Service for more than 100 alert types
• Map Overlays – Enable additional display layers on the map, including warnings, watches, hurricane tracks, and more
• Voice Audio – Spoken alerts, alert details and forecasts
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
*Alerts are for the United States only. However, the application may be available for people in bordering countries who may be impacted by weather in the US.
Learn more about iMapWeather Radio and receive update notifications and information.
Visit our support page for FAQs and questions.
-- Due to concerns voiced by users this application's branding and name is being changed back to iMapRadar
-- Changes branding to create clear separation from other apps by this developer.
-- Bug fixes
-- Ads Removed
-- If users have this application and iMap Weather Radio and you feel you have made a purchase in error, please contact support
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 29, 2013
- Weather Decision Technologies, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (302)
- 19.3 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 13Now Severe Weather
• 5NEWS Weather
• Alert Works
• FOX 13 Weather
• FOX 2 Weather St. Louis - KTVI
• FOX 25 Weather
• FOX 4 Weather
• FOX6 Storm Center
• FOX8 Cleveland Weather
• FOX8 Weather Center - FOX 8 News
• Fox59 Weather Authority
• KTEN Sky Alert
• News 9 Weather
• News on 6 Weather
• NewsChannel 3 Live VIPIR Radar
• NewsOK weatherwatch
• Pinpoint Weather Colorado
• Q13FOX Sun Tracker
• Realtree's Weather Base Station
• St. Louis Weather - KPLR
• Storm Track 8 Weather
• Touchstone Energy Weather Connection
• WBAP WX
• WHDH - 7 Weather Boston
• WHNT Weather
• WNEP Stormtracker 16 Weather
• WREG Memphis Weather Center
• WSVN • South Florida's Source for Weather
• WTVR Weather CBS 6 Storm Center
• go4Warn by the 4Warn Storm Team
• iMap Weather Radio -NWS Weather Alerts like a NOAA Weather Radio & Radar