CommuteWX provides real-time weather information (current, forecast, enroute) compatible with most app enabled car stereo devices.
Weather conditions are featured in large, easy to read graphics in a streamlined user interface that's well suited for in-vehicle travel. Users will be provided real-time current and forecasted weather data (based on GPS location).
* Large, easy to read graphics and text for optimal viewing
* Current weather includes temperature, sky condition, wind direction and speed, chance of precipitation and more.
* Forecast Weather: CommuteWX provides forecasted weather Information for the current location via text and graphical output. Text Information includes weather for the present day, as well as for the next day; a 5-day forecast is also presented displaying predominate weather and high/low temperatures.
* Intuitive Settings: Users have the option of selecting their preferred unit of measurement (US Customary or Metric) and rate of refresh for the weather reports.
* Destination Weather: CommuteWX provides forecasted weather information for your favorite locations.
* Weather Radar: Real-time location-based weather radar loop (based on GPS) and cumulative radar data from reporting weather stations.
We rely heavily on user feedback and are constantly striving to make sure you get the most for your purchase! Please visit http://www.commutewx.com and let us know!
***** MAJOR UPDATE! 07/08/2014 *****
Not to sound like a broken record (see Beej!), but what’s new in this version? Well, pretty much everything. We’ve reengineered and rebuilt CommuteWX from the ground up and have released an app significantly improved from the previous version. The changes are way too numerous to fully list but we’ll hit a few of the highlights:
- We've changed mapping to MapQuest, displayed in MapBox
- The bulk of the code has been refactored to centralize access to Aeris API. Now using NSNotificationCenter to notify events.
While we’ve done a TON under the hood, the barn looks a lot better as well!
- Enhanced User Interface. We’ve made a big jump in making the app look and feel sleeker, smoother and more responsive.
- We completed a total rebuild of navigation and menu system. We listened to our customer feedback and knew that the bottom toolbar was a bear to use with the bottom radio hardware. So we moved it to the side and enhanced the icons.
- Improved and polished radar screen (no more half screen loops!)
- Better screen layout on iPhone5 and iPad
- Added Push Notifications
- Better location services. We fixed issues with non-common place name displays so the city location displayed is much more accurate.
- We changed the icon display for the time of day (they change automatically for hours later than sunset time).
- We added additional data to the Current Weather screen (Sunrise, Sunset, Precip)
- Enhanced Advisories screen
- And lots of minor improvements and bug fixes.
We could go on and on, but you can see all the new features for yourself.
As always, thanks for your feedback and patience while we’ve made our products better and more suitable for an enhanced user experience.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 15, 2014
- Bad Banana Software
- 7.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 1.00 (17)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 1.50 (40)