This app was removed from the App Store.
Sandbox Web Browser
iOS Universal Utilities
Sandbox is a web browser for iOS devices (It’s a Universal app for both iPad and iPhone or iPod Touch) that restricts users to a predefined list of allowed websites (called a “whitelist”).
Sandbox is a great solution for a variety of settings in which users should only be browsing specified sites. These possible settings could be the classroom, kids’ use at home, kiosks, restaurants, retail outlets and more.
Additionally, Sandbox offers the following features:
Lock configuration settings with a passcode to prevent users from changing settings
Add bookmarks for approved websites
Customize the appearance of the user interface to enable or disable features
Easily configure multiple devices using a property list file
Automatically return to the preset home page after the device has been idle for a specified amount of time
Home and Classroom – Parents and teachers can ensure students are only going to appropriate websites. This is great for academic settings where safesearch is required.
Work Devices – System administrators for large deployments of devices could ensure that the devices purchased for work use are being used to only interact with approved websites.
Kiosks – System administrators in visitors’ centers at places of business or museums could create a contained environment using Sandbox, meaning users could not visit other apps while using the iPad.
Restaurants – Have patrons order using a Web-accessible menu, but restrict them from freely browsing.
Retail Outlets – Shoppers could view an online catalog of the store’s inventory or online product brochure without having to give open web access to them
Be sure to leave feedback and a rating on Sandbox in order to help us produce quality updates.
• Resolved an issue preventing in-app purchases from going through.
• Added support for in-app purchases - in order to enable Kiosk Mode, enhanced browsing (WKWebView), or configure with a Plist, they must purchased. To access these features, you must enable “Advanced Settings” in the Settings section.
• Tiled Bookmarks - bookmarks now appear as tiles instead of a table view.
• Sharing controls - new settings have been added to control the availability of the “Share via email” and “Print” buttons
• Cache control - Sandbox’s cache and browsing history may now (optionally) be cleared whenever Sandbox resets
• Also bug fixes!