Private Ear Recorder
Set it and forget it! Private Ear is the only secure audio recorder that will only record when there is a sound to record!
You no longer have to worry about filling your device's hard disk with 'dead air' or unwanted people accessing your recordings!
Record anything, anywhere, and listen to it later with Private Ear's secure voice activated recorder!
Here is how Private Ear allows you to securely record events:
When you first install and load Private Ear you will be asked to enter a password. This will be used to ensure only you have access to the recordings you create. After you choose your password, hit the Record button to start the recording process.
You will be taken to a screen displaying the current sound levels in the room. Use the slider to set the Sound Threshold above the ambient sounds in the room. Only sounds louder than this Sound Threshold will be recorded. This allows you to save disk space by only recording when someone is talking or some event is taking place.
When you are satisfied with your Sound Threshold, hit the Start Recording button. The screen will change to indicate Private Ear is currently recording. You can now set your iPhone down and it will record any sounds above the Sound Threshold.
When you wish to stop recording, hit End Recording. You will be prompted for your password again to prevent others from gaining access to your recordings. After you enter your password and hit Activate Private Ear, select Analyze Recordings to listen to the recording you just made as well as any previous recordings.
- Backup your recordings to your computer using the Private Ear Client (Available for OSX at www.excelltechmobile.com/privateear.html)
- Make sure nothing is directly obstructing the iPhone's microphone when you set it down.
- If you forget your password you will have to delete Private Ear and download it again (there will be no charge when you download it again). Your recordings will be lost.
- Headphones recommended for listening to playback.
***Note: If you have a iPod Touch, the 'Apple Earphone with Remote and Mic' attachment is REQUIRED for this application to work.
Remove red bar at top of screen when in background and not recording.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 18, 2013
- Excelltech Inc.
- 12.6 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 2.00 (7)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (110)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Bird Spot
• Bouncin' Bob
• Christmas Carol Music and Lyrics
• Christmas Carol Music and Lyrics Free
• Compass PointMeThere 3GS
• Compass PointMeThere GPS
• Criminal Spot
• Date Singles
• Dreamer's Log
• Dreidel, Dredel, Dradel
• EMF Detector
• Fake-A-Bank Account
• Fake-A-Call Free ™
• Fake-A-Call ™
• Fake-A-Location Free ™
• Fake-A-Location ™
• Fake-A-Message ™ (MMS & SMS!)
• Fake-A-Message™ Free (MMS & SMS!)
• Fake-An-Excuse : Hangup Now!
• Fake-An-Excuse: Hangup Now! *FREE*
• Heavy Bag (Punch it!)
• iScream for Ice Cream
• Kaleidoscope Camera
• LightSword Defense
• Name That State
• Nice Ride MN - Map and Timer
• Pack Manager
• Paranormal Recorder
• Rear View Mirror
• Security Lights
• Sleep Analyzer
• Smarter Than You Think
• Snake Game - Boa Constrictor
• Snake Game - Boa Constrictor HD
• Snake Game - Boa Constrictor Lite
• Speed Bag (Punch it!)
• State Capital Quiz
• Twin Peaks Tour Guide
• UFO Spot
• Virtual Graffiti
• Visual Harmony - A Graphical Music Box
• Wake Up Now? - Alarm Clock