This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal Utilities
The 1080P MKV can be played back smoothly on iOS device now. With the help of H.264 hardware acceleration decoding, PowerPlayer can play back 1080P/720P H.264 video-based MKV/AVI/3GP/MP4 on some iOS devices.
* 1080P and 720P 30fps H.264/AVC video-based MKV/AVI/3GP/MP4 supported on iPad 2, new iPad and iPhone 4S
* 720P 30fps H.264/AVC video-based MKV/AVI/3GP/MP4 supported on iPad 1,iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4
* H.264 hardware acceleration decoding also supports other fie formats, such as F4V/FLV/M4V/MOV/...
* "Open In" feature supported: open video and audio files from Mail email attachments , Safari web browser ,and other 3rd party apps
* 3ga,3gp,aac,amr,asf,avi,dat,divx,dv,f4v,flac,flv,gsm,gxf,hlv,m1v,m2p,m2t,m2ts,m2v,m4v,m4r,m4a,mka,mkv,mod,moov,mov,mp1,mp2,mp3,mp4,mpa,mpe,mpeg,mpeg1,mpeg2,mpeg4,mpg,mpv,mt2s,mts,mxf,oga,ogg,ogm,ogg,ps,qt,rm,rmvb,tp,ts,vob,webm,wm,wma,wav,wmv file formats supported
* 3 screen modes: "Crop on Fullscreen", "Fit on Fullscreen" and "1:1"
* srt,ass,ssa,mkv embedded subtitle supported
* No compromise in H.264 video quality by hardware decoding, generally hardware decoding has a better H.264 video quality than the software decoding
* Swipe fingers up/down on playing, to change the subtitle or turn off subtitle on the fly (for media files with subtitles)
* For file deletion, in thumbnail view, long press the thumbnail to get the Delete option; and in the file listing view, swipe left/right on the file name to get the Delete option
* Subtitle font, font size and font color customization
* Audio track selection supported, swipe fingers left/right on playing, to change the audio track on the fly (for media files with multiple audio tracks)
* FTP/HTTP server for Wi-Fi file sharing
* Folder supported
* Retina display supported
* Hi10P(High 10 Profile, 10-bit H.264/AVC) supported, please note H.264 Hardware Decoding does not support Hi10P. So the "H.264 Hardware Decoding" setting needs to be turn off for Hi10P playback. Only software H.264 decoder supports Hi10P.
* TV out/VGA out supported , HDMI TV-out and Video Mirroring supported, it is for iPad & iPhone 4 & iPod Touch 4 only
* Multi Core Decoding for software decoder added, such as MPEG4, RealVideo(RM/RMVB) and software H.264 decoder
* HTTP/RTSP/MMSH/RTMP streaming supported
* Built-in Downloader & Browser
* File manger added. In main view or file listing view, in the right of search input field, click the "Edit", it will go into file manager mode. File manger supports folder creation/password protection/delete, files copy/move/delete, and "Open in" by other apps from PowerPlayer
* UPnP/SMB/CIFS/WebDAV client supports both streaming and downloading, and H.264 Hardware Decoding
* Background Audio supported
* FTP/SFTP client, please note no FTP/SFTP streaming support, only FTP/SFTP downloader support
* MSS2 and MSS1 video codec supported, MSS2 and MSS1 video codec are usually used in .WMV file container
* TSCC2/TSC2 video codec supported,TSCC2/TSC2 video codec is usually used in .AVI file container
Notice: no AC-3/DTS/E-AC-3/TrueHD audio support!
1. Support site: http://hustmobile.com/powerplayer/
2. Email: email@example.com
iOS 8 support improved