OpenPaths (https://openpaths.cc) is a secure data locker for personal location information.
Using our iPhone app you can track your location, visualize where you've been, and upload your data to the OpenPaths website. You can then download your data from the website in a variety of friendly formats, including KML, JSON, and CSV. The OpenPaths API enables you to integrate your own software with the platform.
You can keep your location history to yourself, or you can share it with specific research initiatives, art projects, or educational programs as you so choose. The OpenPaths online interface allows you to manage who has access to your data. Your data is secure on the encrypted OpenPaths servers and cannot be accessed by anyone without your express consent.
OpenPaths is a new way for individuals to take ownership of, to work with, and to share the data that they generate in their daily lives. OpenPaths is a community project initiated by the Research and Development Lab at the New York Times Company.
- Runs in the background
- Minimal battery drain
For more information, please visit https://openpaths.cc
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 12, 2012
- The New York Times Company
- 0.5 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.00 (9)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (19)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• NYT Cooking - Recipes from The New York Times
• NYT Now
• NYTimes - Breaking National & World News
• NYTimes for iPad - Breaking National & World News
• NYTimes Real Estate
• NYTimes The Collection
• The New York Times Crossword
• The Scoop — NYTimes Guide to NYC Food, Drinks & Fun
• 纽约时报 T杂志