NetSnips - Monitor and track web pages, widgets, comics, auctions, news, etc.
Stop opening dozens of browser tabs every day. Track your favorite web pages with NetSnips!
"Track updates to your favorite websites in a whole new way with this utility app" - AppAdvice.com
"NetSnips is a clever new app that simplifies web browsing and surfer productivity" - dotTech.org
"Rather nifty website bookmarking service that adds 'snips' of your favorite sites" - littleAppReview.com
NETSNIPS SAVES YOU A LOT OF TIME - USE IT FOR EVERYTHING!
Use NetSnips for your weather forecast, stock changes, upcoming movies, sport team standings/scores, daily cartoons, social network updates - whatever you like! There are endless possible applications. NetSnips is simply the best way to stay always up-to-date!
NETSNIPS IS SIMPLE AND CUSTOMIZABLE
First navigate to any webpage. Then scroll and zoom to the page area in which you are interested most (ex. weather forecast). Define the size of your web snippet… Done! Your first web snippet is ready and from now on it shows you the actual content of the web page. In this way you can add as many web snippets as you like and arrange them on multiple pages to create your own personalized wall of information. Seeing that all your snippets are continuously updated, you will discover changes on any webpage immediately!
NETSNIPS IS SMART AND FAST
Page reloadings are annoying, hence NetSnips tries to reduce them as much as possible. Immediately after starting the app, you can see the last state of your web snippets. NetSnips updates your snippets in an intelligent way, for example it brings first your currently visible snippets up-to-date and loads remaining ones afterwards. Moreover it keeps all webpages as long as possible in memory, in order that you can seamlessly expand a webpage in full screen with a single tap on your snippet.
WATCH THE DEMO VIDEO
A picture is worth a thousand words, a video even more: http://youtu.be/gtfzBayF4tI
Follow NetSnips on Twitter or Facebook for the latest news:
- NetSnipsApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/netsnips
- NetSnipsApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/netsnips
- Added some missing localized texts in French, Russian and Chinese.
- Minor refinements in the user interface.
This was new in the last major version (3.2):
- You can now select your preferred action for single, double and long tap on a snippet!
- Your snippets can now recognize two-finger taps! You can customize it too (the default setting opens the snippet share sheet).
- A new option in the settings allows you to clear the app cache in order to free up storage space when you need it.
- New snippets are now always added on a new page. If you prefer the previous behavior (add new snippets on currently visible page) just head to the settings.
- Added the "Open in Safari" option for opening the full web page in Safari from the action sheet.
- Greatly improved the selector tool for defining new snippets. It's nicer and more functional (you can resize it on the edges).
- Optimized snippet repositioning for iPhone version in landscape on iOS 8.
Other optimizations and bug fixes include:
- Improved and fixed bugs in snippet updating logic.
- Improved image quality for Retina HD display (iPhone 6).
- Fixed a bug that led to black snippets on some web pages after updating.
- Fixed sporadically occurring graphical glitches under iOS 8 during snippet loading.
- The snippet screenshot is now correctly deleted from the file system when a snippet is deleted.
- Other minor user interface improvements.
One more thing:
If you ever wanted to buy me a coffee for all this free updates, now you can! Just go the upgrades section and find a nice cup of coffee right there. Rest assured, your coffee will keep me awake... Thank you very much!
I know it takes time and effort to review an app, but if you value my work please consider leaving a positive review on the App Store. It really means a lot. Thank you!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 29, 2015
- Johannes Erschbamer
- 9.6 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (1)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (55)