NetSnips - Follow snippets of web pages
Do you regularly visit some websites just to check one section? You can do so much better: Save a lot of time with NetSnips!
"Track updates to your favorite websites in a whole new way with this utility app" - AppAdvice.com
"NetSnips is a clever new app that simplifies web browsing and surfer productivity" - dotTech.org
"Rather nifty website bookmarking service that adds 'snips' of your favorite sites" - littleAppReview.com
NETSNIPS SAVES YOU A LOT OF TIME - USE IT FOR EVERYTHING!
Use NetSnips for your weather forecast, stock changes, upcoming movies, sport team standings/scores, daily cartoons, social network updates - whatever you like! There are endless possible applications. NetSnips is simply the best way to stay always up-to-date!
NETSNIPS IS SIMPLE AND CUSTOMIZABLE
First navigate to any webpage. Then scroll and zoom to the page area in which you are interested most (ex. weather forecast). Define the size of your web snippet… Done! Your first web snippet is ready and from now on it shows you the actual content of the web page. In this way you can add as many web snippets as you like and arrange them on multiple pages to create your own personalized wall of information. Seeing that all your snippets are continuously updated, you will discover changes on any webpage immediately!
NETSNIPS IS SMART AND FAST
Page reloadings are annoying, hence NetSnips tries to reduce them as much as possible. Immediately after starting the app, you can see the last state of your web snippets. NetSnips updates your snippets in an intelligent way, for example it brings first your currently visible snippets up-to-date and loads remaining ones afterwards. Moreover it keeps all webpages as long as possible in memory, in order that you can seamlessly expand a webpage in full screen with a single tap on your snippet.
WATCH THE DEMO VIDEO
A picture is worth a thousand words, a video even more: http://youtu.be/gtfzBayF4tI
Follow NetSnips on Twitter or Facebook for the latest news:
- NetSnipsApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetSnipsApp
- NetSnipsApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetSnipsApp
- Added a setting for retaining the original web page after leaving the full screen browsing mode
- Minor bug fixes and user interface enhancements
This was new in version 3.0:
- New and cleaner app icon and a fresh new app design
- The number of parallel snippet updates depends now on the current network speed and device performance (ex: on iPhone 5s up to 5 snippets update in parallel)
- Snippets are updated on idle activity while reading a web page in full screen (requires iPhone 4S/iPad 2 or newer)
- Launch Center Pro support with custom actions
- More reliable snippet updating engine for complex web pages
- When leaving fullscreen mode, snippets don't reload automatically and keep the last visited web page open
- Memory usage optimizations
- Many other improvements and under the hood changes that are the basis for upcoming features
Unfortunately landscape mode support did not made it in this release. It will follow as soon as possible.
I know it takes time and effort to review an app, but if you value my work please consider leaving a positive review on the App Store. It means a lot. Thank you!
NetSnips on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetSnipsApp
NetSnips on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetSnipsApp
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 19, 2014
- Johannes Erschbamer
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (50)
- 5.4 MB