Morse-It is an easy to use application that allows to translate, interpret, type, learn, convert Morse code, and much more.
It is retina display enhanced, universal binary (run on iPhone/iPod AND iPad), and is compatible with VoiceOver.
Type some text and it will be automatically encoded into some fullscreen flashing effect of the associated Morse code.
The flash light of your device will also be used.
Your "SOS" messages will be seen quite far away !
Some sound will also be played accordingly. In detailed mode, the text being encoded is scrolling through the decoding process.
Tap some morse code onto the screen and the program will translate it into some text.
Different input types are handled : Novice, Straight key, Memory Paddle, Iambic Paddle (A and B). Left and right handed modes supported.
Test and improve your skills : are you good enough to be understood?
Exclusive feature allowing to decode, in real time, the Morse code recorded from the microphone (if available) into Text.
Some automatic calibration is performed, allowing adaptation to speed, tone and volume changes.
The full Morse alphabet can also be consulted and the associated Morse code can be played.
Tapped and decoded text can be edited and exported to the clipboard, the In-app email and SMS.
A special screen allows textual conversion of morse code and text. Exchange encoded messages with your friends.
Wikipedia and Visual Mnemonic screens allowing to get informations and mnemonics regarding morse code.
All the application is highly configurable (Frequency, WPM, color, morse characters ...)
!!! As seen on TV !!! (UK) in Most Haunted Live: Apparently you can use it to communicate with ghosts (no guaranty though)
Premium features can also be unlocked as in-app purchase :
Koch trainer screen, Quiz screen, Prosigns, Macros, Dictionaries : abbreviations, QSOs, mnemonics, Timing (farnsworth) and Morse alphabet/prosigns personalization, look customization ... and more.
• Global : iPhone5 screen support
• Global : Retina support on iPad.
• Global : On iOS6, texts in Tap, Convert and Decode screens can also be exported to Facebook and twitter.
• Global : Display the used (or detected) WPM speed in the Tap, Quiz and Decode screens.
• Global : Improved handling of bluetooth text keyboards and iPad split keyboard.
• Global : Correctly recover audio (for recordings and emission) after an external event, like a phone call.
• Global : Various bug fixes and improvements.
• Tap : When Gestures are enabled for a paddle in settings, you can perform a left swipe on the text area to delete the last character and perform a right swipe to add a newline character.
• Premium - Trainer : Improved comparison of the result with the notes, with an associated visual highlighting of the mistakes.
• Premium - Trainer : New visual hint that can display both the Morse code and the text of the current character.
• Premium - Trainer : The visual hints can also be changed in the settings screen.
• Premium - Trainer : In settings, it is now possible to choose if the result will be displayed after the sound is played, or before the sound is played.
• Premium - Quiz : The correct answer is now displayed when an error is done.
• Premium - Quiz : The validation sound for the Quiz is now correctly played (according to the "Result sound" settings value).
• Accessibility : For iOS5 devices & higher, set the keypad buttons to accessibility elements allowing a direct Interaction with VoiceOver.
• Accessibility : Improved way to increase/decrease the sliders values in the settings screen with VoiceOver.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 11, 2012
- Francis Bonnin
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (54)
- 25.5 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Background Timer
• Color Blind Clock
• Earth Puzzle - a spherical puzzle game in 3D
• Illusion Clock
• Live Artist
• Mu Games - Puzzle, Memory and Fifteen with unlimited Flickr images
• Subliminal Video
• Video 2 Photo - extract still pictures from movies
• Video Rotate & Flip