This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal Reference
mColorBook is a digital munsell book of color. mColorBookLite is the LITE version of mColorBook. This free version is supported by banner ads.
In the munsell color order system, colors are ordered based on three attributes: hue, value and chroma. All three attributes are intended to be perceptually uniform. With equal hue or equal value or equal chroma or other rules, you can easily create harmonious color combinations.
With mColorBook you have access to tens of thousands of subtle colors which vary in:
hue steps down to 0.5 (Lite version limits them to 5);
value steps down to 0.5 (Lite version limits them to 1);
chroma steps down to 0.5 (Lite version limits them to 2).
By using slider and/or gestures you can navigate to any constant hue page freely.
-Detail color info
Click on a color swatch, a detail color info pane will popup and show you munsell notation, ISCC-NBS color name and RGB, HEX, CMYK color values. There you can copy color values and color image to pasteboard for interacting with other apps, or enjoy easy color sharing via email or a range of social networks.
Although iOS devices have quite small color gamut and there's the fact that not many people have color profiled their iOS devices, mColorBook (iOS) still comes with some rudimentary color management.
* Some default color profiles which are more aligned with iOS devices' color gamut are accompanied with this app.
* "iTunes File Sharing" feature are supported so that you can import in your own profile in case you did have profiled your own device.
* Color swatches are rendered in color space defined by the selected profile under "Monitor Profile". And color values are displayed in color spaces of profiles according to your selection (under "RGB Profile" and "CMYK Profile" in the Preferences panel).
* Gamut warning (if any) are also available for each color swatches rendered and for each color values displayed.
* The default color profile shipped with mColorBook was created with screen brightness set to 50%, so it is recommended that you also set screen brightness to about 50% for accuracy (through Settings->Brightness & Wallpaper).
* Note that the color image for sharing is in sRGB.
Note that the Lite version limits the hue, value and chroma steps to relatively large granularity. If you want to explore more, please upgrade to the full featured version at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mcolorbook/id490626965.
* Support iPhone 5
* Include ISCC-NBS color name
* Add banner ads