iOS Universal Utilities
KPlayerAir is a video playback app. It can play video files (common MPEG-4 video in LOCAL mode or most videos in KServer mode) with subtitles (SMI/SRT).
• Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- (LOCAL mode) To add video/subtitle files or folders to the app, use the ‘File Sharing’ feature of ‘iTunes’; ‘iTunes’ > Select a Device > ‘Apps’ > ‘File Sharing’ > ’KPlayerAir’. And sub-folders of these added folders are ignored.
- (KServer mode) It requires KServer 1.0.0 (macOS 10.11 or later), Wi-Fi is on and devices are located nearby. But older models require the devices to be on the same local network. It can see the list of KServer that are added automatically at 'List' > 'Venue'.
• Aspect Ratio
- SAR / 4:3 / 16:9 / 1.85:1 / 2.35:1 / 2.40:1
- The skipping time is set automatically depending on the running time of the video file.
- It is useful to skip the intro, opening, ending of the video.
- If it select a folder, it is automatically made up of all playable video files in the folder. (Not depth)
- It can edit the playback order of video files.
- It automatically saves and reuses playlists, final playback status for each file in the playlist.
• Playback Speed
- '0.5x' ~ '3.0x'
- It removes video files that were playing to the end and its subtitle files.
- In KServer mode, this feature is available only on KServer app.
- It supports Ruby tag, Integrated, Text encoding.
- Subtitles (SMI/SRT) are displayed in real time even if it searches the playback position through the time slider, gestures or ‘Skip’.
- If the video (file_name) is opened, it searches the subtitles (file_name or file_name*) at the same folder; ‘file_name.smi’, ‘file_name*.smi’, ‘file_name.srt’, ‘file_name*.srt’.
- (LOCAL mode) Closed Caption style/behavior follows the operating system settings; ‘Settings’ > ‘General’ > ‘Accessibility’ > ’Subtitles & Captioning’. And CC are always displayed at the bottom of the screen. Their timing can’t be adjusted. Also, even if there are two or more CC items, it can select only one of them.
- (KServer mode) If it opens the folder containing ‘BDMV’ and the above subtitle files are not found, the subtitles (folder_name or folder_name*) are additionally searched in the selected folder on the KServer.
- Long press with one finger: Play/Pause
- Swipe left/right with two fingers: Forward/Backward
• Playable Types
- LOCAL mode: common MPEG-4 video
(MP4/M4V/MOV, H.264/AAC/ALAC, YUV420P)
- KServer mode: most videos
(MP4/M4V/MOV/MKV/AVI/FLV/WMV/RMVB/M2TS/TP/TS/TRP, most video/audio codecs, YUV420P/YUV420P_10bit/YUV444P/YUV444P_10bit)
- (LOCAL mode) If the video/audio track was encoded in the settings that are not supported by the operating system, it may not be able to play; For example, ‘YUV420P 10bit’, ‘YUV444P’, ’YUV444P 10bit' pixel formats are supported only in KServer mode.
- (KServer mode) Depending on the device's CPU/GPU/Wi-Fi performance and video file specifications, buffering may occur.
- It doesn't support the playback of a protected video file.
• It improved the feature related to moving playback position forward/backward in KServer mode.