Would you like to access your mobile device storage as a local hard disk on your computer?
This is the only application on the App Store that lets you do just that!
Your mobile device will be seen as a local hard disk, so you can format it, partition it (if you like) and use a filesystem of your choice.
You can use any filesystem that is supported by the operating system running on your computer.
If you don't know what iSCSI Target stands for, please read:
Why is iSCSI any different when compared with other file sharing techniques that you get using other file sharing applications?
● iSCSI allows much faster access because it works at a lower level giving it technical superiority
● You can use a filesystem of your choice: gives you all the benefits that you are used to have
● You could even make it a boot drive (if you have enough knowledge about using iSCSI device as a boot device)
What is so special about this application?
● Only application on the App Store that implements iSCSI
● Only application on the App Store that allows you to use your mobile device storage space formatted with HFS+, NTFS, ZFS or any other filesystem of your choice
● You can use it from your Mac, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris or any other operating system that supports iSCSI and is able to make a network connection to your mobile device
● Supports multiple volumes (only one is active)
● Volumes are stored in a raw format, so you could even use volumes created in some other application
● Using iTunes USB File Sharing allows you to:
- download volumes from the application to your computer
- upload volumes from your computer to the application
- make backups of your volumes
● Easily resize existing volume if you need additional space
● Supports fast application switching
● Multitasking support: service will continue to run in the background for up to 10min (iOS limitation)
You need a working network connection between your mobile device and your computer. You can use WiFi or mobile network (if your carrier supports internet tethering you can even use USB or bluetooth).
CREDITS & LICENSE:
Icons by Joseph Wain / glyphish.com http://glyphish.com
Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Daisuke Aoyama email@example.com.
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 14, 2011
- Šimun Mikecin
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (5)
- 0.5 MB