iCab Kiosk (Web Browser)
iOS Universal Utilities
iCab Kiosk is a Kiosk browser which supports configuration via remote server, MDM and also directly within the App.
A Kiosk is an information terminal often located in a public location (like a museum, exhibition, mall etc.) where people can access certain information. The Kiosk often has a touchscreen which makes it easy for the public to access the provided content. This Apps can turn an iPad into a Kiosk device.
The App has the following Features:
- Online or Offline usage. The provided content can be stored within the App for Offline usage, but can be also loaded directly from the internet.
- There are privacy options to clear cache, cookies and web storage
- The Kiosk can be configured either locally directly on the device, but also remotely from a remote server or via MDM. The latter two options make it easy to configure a larger number of devices at once from. The App includes templates for configuration files, which makes it easy to adapt them for your MDM or server configuration.
- Password-protected Settings within the App
- User Interface elements can be enabled of disabled
- When the Kiosk is not in use, it can automatically go back to the start page
If you need additional or special features for your own Kiosk, please contact us. We can create custom versions of the App when needed.
- Fixes a Bug in the documentation: The Idle-Timeout parameter is in minutes (floating point values allowed), not seconds
- A new setting allows to reload the start page when the „idle timer“ fires, even if the start page is already shown. Until now the start page was only loaded if it was not current displayed.