Google Family Link
iOS iPhone Utilities
The Family Link app from Google helps you stay in the loop as your child (under 13) uses their Android device. Family Link lets you create a Google Account for your child that's like your account, with access to most Google services, while also helping you set certain digital ground rules.
• Manage the apps your child can use - Approve or block the apps your child wants to download from the Google Play store.
• Keep an eye on screen time - See how much time your child spends on their favorite apps with weekly or monthly activity reports, and set daily screen time limits.
• Set device bedtime - Remotely lock devices when it's time for bed, or time to take a break.
• Family Link requires an Android device for your child. See list of compatible devices at families.google.com/familylink/setup
• While Family Link helps you manage your child's purchases and downloads, they will not need approval to install app updates (including updates that expand permissions), apps you have previously approved, or apps that have been shared in Family Library. Parents should regularly review their child's installed apps and app permissions in Family Link.
• You should carefully review the apps on your child's device and disable those you don't want them to use. Note that you may not be able to disable some pre-installed apps.
• Some app activity, such as for music players and messaging apps that run in the background, will not be fully tracked with weekly or monthly activity reports.
New feature available: Tips for families