iOS Universal Utilities
Gboard is a new keyboard from Google for your iPhone. It has all the things you would expect from a great keyboard — GIFs, emojis, and Glide Typing — plus Google Search built in. No more app switching; just search and send, right from your keyboard.
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby stores and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else you’d search on Google
GIFs — Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search — Find the perfect emoji, faster
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
We know the things you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so you can easily share. None of these queries are sent to Google.
Gboard fans, thank you for your continued support! We're always squashing bugs and improving performance, and, of course, delivering cool new features.
In this version, we have:
- Still using text emoticons like :) instead of emojis? Type your text emoticon like you're used to and Gboard will suggest an appropriate emoji!
In case you missed some of our recent features, here's what Gboard has added in the last few updates:
- Create hyperlapsed GIFs! Tap on the camera icon, then switch the camera mode to "Fast-Forward" to - create mind-bending sped up GIFs.
- Introducing Korean as a new language to Gboard!
- Cycle through your languages whilst staying within Gboard! Go to Gboard -> Settings -> Keyboard settings and enable "Switch through Gboard languages"
- Updated to look awesome on your new iPhone X!
- Also updated to look awesome in dark mode when an app calls for it.
- Want to dismiss the G bubble? Swipe it away!