FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers
FileBrowser is the original and best file manager and viewer for iOS. FileBrowser can view, copy, move, upload, download, stream, and manage files between computers, servers, NAS drives and cloud storage in any direction. You don’t need to install any other software - FileBrowser will scan and locate computers on your network and connect in seconds and will connect to cloud storage quickly too.
We’ve optimised FileBrowser so that it browses network folders faster than Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and our users agree!
AT HOME: Stream movies and music over WiFi direct to your iPad/iPhone. View a slideshow of photos from your computer. Share photos and videos onto a large screen using AppleTV or other AirPlay server (e.g. RaspberryPi). No need to sync or copy to your iPad/iPhone. Access your NAS without needing to turn your computer on.
AT WORK: Browse file servers over the Internet using the iPad/iPhone's built in VPN support. View, download and upload documents on company servers. Edit and update files on the server (requires additional doc editing app such as Pages). Choose where to keep your data and control how files are shared. Migrate to Cloud storage at a pace that suits you.
ON THE ROAD: Connect remotely to your home/work network or use FileBrowser with a portable WiFi drive to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits. See our website for more details.
- All browsing and file transfers are performed using the iPad/iPhone so you don’t need to sit at your computer to upload files to FileBrowser.
- View every document type and play every media type that iOS supports. Pass files to and from other apps - for example, store email attachments in FileBrowser for later use with an editor app.
- FileBrowser requires no additional software on the target computer/network drive.
- Connect to your servers over the Internet (3G or WiFi) with appropriate software/router configuration. See support on www.stratospherix.com
---- PLEASE READ ----
FileBrowser requires iOS 5.1 or later.
Read our www.stratospherix.com support page for help getting connected. You can also email email@example.com for fast friendly help. Please Note - we are only able to provide support in English.
FileBrowser will not be able to access your files on your home computer from a remote location over the Internet without your computer being accessible FROM the Internet and SMB file sharing enabled.
■ Connects to Windows 2000 and above, MacOS from 10.5, most variants of Linux, and most (but not all) NAS drives. Try our free FileBrowserLite app to test connectivity.
■ Does NOT support AFP or FTPS.
■ To stream AVIs with DIVX or XVID codecs requires a third party app that is able to play these formats.
* Fixed FTP upload issue.
* Fixed MP3 files playing slowly.
* Fixed sub-folder searching within iTunesSync location.
For more information on any of these features, please visit www.stratospherix.com
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 10, 2014
- Stratospherix Ltd
- 18.1 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (155)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (2062)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• FileBrowser for Business
• FileBrowser with Symantec
• Rockstar Data
• ServerControl - Reboot & Manage Remote Servers